X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ajpoe
    • Jul 2004

Got time?

This forum seems to fit best for my question, so here goes it... I am trying to find a nice looking digital LCD desk clock that plugs in and is backlit so i can see it at night or while the room is dark for movies. Everything I find is either battery only or is only backlit only for a few seconds after the touch of a button. I don't need a radio or alarm and I don't have any interest in these new 'projection' clocks either that will put the time up on a wall or ceiling when dark. Does anyone know where I can find a clock that fits my criteria? the only thing i've found is the new crystal ball looking clock that scrolls the time and caller id, etc. but that would't fit in with my room very well.

Thanks,
    ajpoe
    AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I was in Radio Shack the other day buying some RCA splitters and noticed that they had a whole wall full of various LCD clocks so you might want to check with them. I'm in a similar boat as I could do with a nice clock as well but I don't want it as bright as a typical alarm clock and I can't really see the VCR's clock well enough from where I sit.

Comment

• ajpoe
      • Jul 2004

This is the best I have found so far. I might go with the 2" red numbered display. The only thing I don't care for much is the snooze button on top, but it does plug into the wall and has variable brightness and photo sensor. No extra buttons or speakers. The others in this category have continuous lighting as well but aren't digital numbers. Would be cool if they had some other colors for the 2" digital but I guess beggers can't be choosers.

ajpoe
      AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Comment

• Burke Strickland
        • Sep 2001

ajpoe --

That clock with the 2" red numbers looks very similar to one I have that came from Radio Shack a few years ago and which I have used sometimes in my HT and sometimes in my bedroom (it is an alarm, after all). When you install yours in your HT, be sure it isn't right next to your video display. :>) If it is off to the side and kind of to the back, (IOW, outside of your peripheral vision when looking directly ahead), the red numbers will be very visible when you want to check the time, but will not interfere with your enjoyment of movies.

Enjoy!

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"