X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joey Millison
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Lame Review of a Great Game

The game I'm speaking of is none other than American McGee's Alice, a third person shooter with a lot to offer!
    First off, I'm not a fan of shooter in general. You can take Quake (I, II, and III), Unreal, and every other re-hashed stepchild of the genre and burn them to a crisp as far as I'm concerned. I don't like to point, shoot, and watch the blood. It was fun when it all began, but I'm looking for games with more substance now. Alice filled those shoes quite nicely!
    Imagine a mix between Disney, Tomb Raider, and a whole lotta Clive barker thrown in. The result is Alice, a twisted look into Lewis Carroll's Wonderland stories, darker than it was orignally written. It tends to stray from the books though, and takes on a life of its own.
    The game takes place with Alice living in an institution for the mentally ill, after an incident that burned her parents to death. Alice struggles to keep a grasp on reality, but isn't doing so hot at it.
    She looks like Disney's Alice, only she now has dark hair, tall Doc Marten boots (gotta love it), and wields a razor sharp knife. Ok, so she really doesn't look anything like Disney's Alice after all, I just had to pay tribute to a classic and wanted to mention it
    Wonderland is looking rather sinister these days as well. All of Alice's old friends are there (Tweedledum and Tweedle Dee, the Catepillar, the Cheshire Cat, and the White Rabbit), but you will have to battle some of them (the Mad Hatter is a pain to beat).
    I just like the atmosphere and look of this game. And if you have a good 3D card (I currently have the TNT 2 Ultra, but will be upgrading to the GeForce 2 Ultra) it will definitely be utilized! Great sound, great graphics, and cool story! I'd at least recommend downloading the demo here, or check out the official site here.
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"