• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Waterproof and/or floating remote control

Guys-

I've posted this elsewhere with not too much results. I'm looking for a remote to be used in a bathroom or hottub, which would need to be waterproof. Ideally, it would even float on top of the water. Only needs to be simple in function, able to learn or be preprogrammed with a few basic controls.

I've read ideas about putting a remote in a baggie or shrinkwrap, but I'm looking for an actual waterproof remote.

I've found one called the Dolphin made by Balboa, and will check it out and report more.

Any others?

CHRIS
    Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

There's a few PDA's that are waterproof that you could turn into a remote with the pronto software for PDA's but they would be expensive and likely overkill for what you're asking for. Other then that though I'm at a loss for a recomendation. Have you checked on RemoteCentral.com?

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Just dont' put any water in the tub, then you can use any remote you want. :LOL:

No clue here, but I would stay away from any that plug into the wall outlet.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Andrew- Yeah, good thought, that's actually where I started my search. No info came up directly on the Remote Central site, but in their forum there were a few suggestions for a remote or two. Mostly that Balboa remote I mentioned, which I'm following up on. More than anything, people were suggesting shrinkwrapping or using a cheap remote that you would try not to get wet but wouldn't cry if it did and then died.

I'm looking for the correct solution in something that is DESIGNED to be used as a waterproof remote, and I've seen a few other posts from people in various places on the internet to indicate that this IS something that people would use in bathroom theater setups, hottubs, and swimming pools.

CHRIS
        Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• TonyPTX
          • Apr 2003

I have the perfect one......

"Honey, could you turn that up a bit...Thanks!!"

I know this isn't helpful, but wanted to add a little humor in here as it seems that there aren't very many takers for help here.

"Those that don't know, don't know they don't know."
          "Those that don't know, don't know they don't know."

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"