X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jltrdavis
    • Jan 2003

Which Philips Pronto to buy?

Seems like many people here are using the Philips Pronto remote. Which model is everyone using? Which model works the best with Rotel?

- Jason
    - Jason
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I custom program these for clients so I've had exposure to all of the models that are out there. I personally use a TS1000 which is a first generation model. It was replaced by the TS2000 which offered more memory and a built in database of codes...unfortunatly the built in database ended up eating much much of added memory and you don't need the database with http://www.remotecentral.com so there's not much real world difference between these two. There's the TS6000 which is the colour model. Its got some neat features such as rf capability and a few more had keys but it carries quite a price premium compared to the other models. There's a new TS3000 about to become available (might already be available in some places) that looks to be a real nice remote that combines more hard keys with the LCD screens. I'm seriously looking at getting one of these to replace my TS1000 later this year (i'll move the TS1000 upstairs to the second zone)

Comment

• Rock Dog
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2003

Well any model works well with anything. Rotel or otherwise. Thanks to the fact that the Pronto is so highly configurable. It is what you make it.

I had the original TU-1000 and loved it. However, I ran out of memory (1MB) after a little while. I now have the Pronto Pro (color).

Their smallest memory unit is now 2MB. It really depends on your setup. If you're running amp, pre, tuner, dvd, hdtv, tv, cd, tivo, vcr.. and so on. And you plan on programming the Pronto with every single button. You may want to get the 4MB model. It's the newest model, with 4MB of memory.

One thing that's really nice about the Pronto Pro (besides the color screen) is the fact that it does IR as well as RF. Nice feature for controling lights and curtains and what not.

The Pro lists for $999. But you can find it easily for under $700.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Rock how did you run out of room? I have never had any memory issues with any of the pronto's I've programmed (over 25)

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"