X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Playstation 2 Price Drop

FYI, Sony Playstation 2 price drop to US$199, or CDN$299.

Makes it that much harder for me not to buy a unit. Plus I see that GT3A Spec is now only CDN$29.99.

BTW, Xbox may also drop in price, but an annoucement will be coming next week. Damn, just to make my decision that much harder.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
  • SiliGoose
    • Aug 2000

Damn! You beat me to it!

Xbox and Gamecube will drop in reaction to the PS2 drop. If you buy all three you'll save $250!
    Even better news is that the games may take a dip in price too. The $40 average price per game could drop to $30. That would be fantastic news. However, that's just speculation at this point.

-Sili
    www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Huskerduck
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Oct 2000

the XBox dropping May 23 as well is being reported in several differant areas.

I would get a PS2 but on my HD widescreen it fails miserably as compared to in PQ , DD 5.1, memory not to mention we have played every game in Xbox line-up with saves galore to the hard drive and we are still getting the "you have 50,000 free blocks" message.

I may get the kids a PS2 for their rooms so they stop stealing the XBox but then again linking the 2 Xboxes would be a much better idea

the Game "Burnout" had the whole neighborhood over here yelling and screaming last week, what a great 480P widescreen DD5.1 race game

Mark

Ducks Meager Theater
      Mark

Ducks Meager Theater

Comment

• P-Dub
        Office Moderator
        • Aug 2000

I know locally the Xbox has been reduced in price to match the PS2, so C$299!

Husker, if I already had an Xbox, a second Xbox would be the logical choice.

Burnout you say, I recall you mentioning that in the other thread.

Paul

Paul

Comment

• Bing Fung
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Aug 2000

I have been waiting for this price drop for some time now, however in my anst, I have come to not want a PS2 as badly as I did in December 2001.

The pivitol point for me is still the price considering it;s the same as an Xbox, and more so I really do not like the graphics quality of the PS2. It really does pale in comparison to the Xbox. Now I know graphics is not everything and and game play is important as well, however I'm an admitted graphics whore so I'm not ashamed to say graphics are more important to me. Others can play crappy graphic classics and I applaude them for that dedication to an art. Me? Give me the latest and greatest, for my intrest will wain before I finish the game.

The PS2 would have to drop a lot more for me to want to play it now, considering I'm happy with my Xbox and the games that are out for it. If the PS2 was say $230... mind you I did say when the PS2 dropped $100 from $440, I would bite.... Judging from that I may never own a PS2. :LOL:

All I really want for future games is Crazy Taxi and Metal gear Solid for X!

Bing
          Bing

Comment

• SiliGoose
            • Aug 2000

It really does pale in comparison to the Xbox
            That's a very strong statement. I think they're closer than that. Xbox is certainly better but the PS2 is no slouch.

-Sili
            www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Bing Fung
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Aug 2000

Sili, every time I see a PS2 game i just can't get over the poor graphics. Sure some are better than others (MGS2..), and some are terrible (EA's NHL 2002..) Even then the better quality ones just don't have any image depth or clarity of image when compared to the Xbox. Light and shadows don't seem to have the same realistic effect as with the Xbox. Overall sharpness and detail seems lacking as if the PS2 was running at a lower resolution.

So far I have played GT3, MGS2, FIFA Soccer, NHL 2002, Devil may Cry, Spy Hunter, SSX Tricky, FF and none of those have impressed me enough to want to go buy a PS2, even at it's reduced price. Game play means little to me if the graphics are sub-standard. That's just me.

The PS2 just doesn't transport me like my Xbox does.

Sorry, you could be right, it may be a strong statement, but from my perspective it's not strong enough. It doesn't mean I'm right though, for if you think they are closer than that, you are correct as well.

Bing
              Bing

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"