X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sonnie Parker
    • Jan 2002

HTM MX-700/Sidekick

If anyone in this forum has dealer connections for this kit (with software) once it becomes available, I want one. Of course I'd like to get a discount if possible. $499 is quite a bit for a remote, although it appears it will be a fine remote.

I've been keeping my eye on www.remotecentral.com and according to some of the CES visitors there, it might be out around the end of this month or possibly Feb. We keep getting put off, but maybe it will be worth the wait for them to get it right.

It's supposed to be available to the public but just in case it's not and only available to custom installers, I'd like to be on the list for a purchase.

Thanks,

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide
  • GregoriusM
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2000

FYI, Sonnie, I'm beta testing the MX Editor software for the MX-700/SideKick and it is looking good so far.

Some features won't make it into the initial release, but it has LiveUpdate for the periodic updates.

If you like buttons remotes, this is the best on the market, IMHO!

If you have any questions that you don't see answered on Remote Central, let me know!

... Greg
    Gregor

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
      • Jan 2002

Thanks Greg,

I am definitely a button fellow. I lost my appetite for touch screens with the Sony remote included with the 9000ES. I can't get used to the touch screen idea.

I know I will like the customization abilities with the MX-700. I can't imagine there being anything it can't do being as easily programmable as it appears it will be.

How did you become a beta tester?

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

Comment

• GregoriusM
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2000

Sonnie:

I've been involved with URC (Home Theater Master) for quite a while as an MX-Enthusiast, shall we say.

Their hardware is top notch.

I spearheaded a campaign on Remote Central to have a number of features added to the first MX-500 before it was released, and they responded, so I've been talking to them ever since.

... Greg
        Gregor

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Sonnie I won't try to tell you LCD's are for you but please don't lump the pronto's in with that lame excuss for a remote that ships with the TA-E

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
            • Jan 2002

LOL....Andrew....

I wouldn't do that to ya. That sony remote is for the garbage can. I can't remember anyone saying they liked it.

As far as the Pronto goes, well I've heard nothing but good about it. Seems like it is very well liked and ranks up there at the top of learning remotes, probably #1 for touch screens.

But I'm still a button man....kinda set and accustomed to my HTM 9000. It's been a real winner for me.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

Comment

• Chip
              • Aug 2001

The HTM 9000 is a really good remote... came stock with my B&K 307 Just picked up a MX-500 also..

- Chip

Chip Engle

"Concrete ain't a spectator sport"

<a href="http://www.htguide.com/bilder/index.cfm?fuseaction=arkivbilder&userid=0&selected userid=336" target="_blank">My HT
              Chip Engle

My HT

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
                • Jan 2002

I was going to pick up a 500 but then kept seeing the 700 ads. I've been waiting forever now.

I don't know what I'd do without my 9000. It's been a winner for sure.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"