X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SiliGoose
    • Aug 2000

Are you ready for HD gaming?

We're now less than 3 months away from enjoying Star Wars: Rogue Leader in 480p on Nintendo's Gamecube and full-on HD gaming (native 720p) with Microsoft's Xbox.

Just want to check to make sure everyone is setting aside some $$ for November 5 (Nintendo) and 8 (Microsoft). Remember you'll need to purchase the component cables separately...and you should probably get a game or three!!

-Sili
    www.campmurphy.net
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Sili,

Has a suggested msrp been announced for either system?

As to you question, no I'm not ready. I still need an HDTV.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• SiliGoose
      • Aug 2000

Nintendo Gamecube = $199.99 November 5th release

Microsoft Xbox = $299.99 November 8th release

It's gonna be an expensive week

-Sili
      www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Bing Fung
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Aug 2000

I was biting real hard to contain myself from buying a PS2 (I really want to play GT3 and MGS2 Sons of Liberty) The Xbox will be in time for a B'day gift to myself. Xbox all the way!

I will still pick up a PS2 to play those 2 games, when the price has dropped

To think, I built a killer PC gaming rig, only to not play games....

Bing
        Bing

Comment

• John Holmes
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Thanks for the numbers Sili.

Bing, MGS is my fav of all games (next of NFLK2). I will be up in the air for a while as to which system to buy. I cannot justify buying both systems so, I'll just have to suffer for awhile longer!

Man, I have been waiting for MGS2 to come out. Never thought it would be a new console war at the time.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
          "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Bing Fung
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Aug 2000

John, MGS is my favorite as well. You might be interested to know that it is reported thet MSG will make it to Xbox as well. I had read this on Ebgames.com, if I find it agian, I'll quote it here. If this is in fact true, I hope it is the SOL edition.

Bing
            Bing

Comment

• Bing Fung
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Aug 2000

Developers from around the world announced that they are joining the Xbox brigade. Be prepared for rocking Xbox versions of your best-loved games, like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, SSX, Oddworld and Metal Gear Solid.
              Click here for the full story

Bing
              Bing

Comment

• John Holmes
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Bing,

Thanks for the link. That maybe the straw that settles my choice! Great read.

Comment

• SiliGoose
                  • Aug 2000

I just played the PS2 MGS2 demo (included with a PS2 game called Zone of The Enders). It makes the phenomenal PSX version look like a cartoon. Konami has added a cinematic feel that is just amazing. The rain is fully polygonal!

News has been very quiet about the Xbox version of MGS2. We know it's called Metal Gear Solid X and that its been compared to a "directors cut" of MGS2. I have a suspicion that it won't be out until early 2002.

Have you guys seen pics of Star Wars: Rogue Leader on GameCube? Amazing.

-Sili
                  www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• John Holmes
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Sili that was cold!!! :B I can't believe that you would stoop so low to tease us like that with the demo!LOL.

And yes I saw the stuff for SW-RL. Impressive...Most impressive! :W GameCube will be a competitive option for sure.

Comment

• P-Dub
                      Office Moderator
                      • Aug 2000

Wow, just reading up on some of the games for the Xbox, and it is looking really good. I see a Formula 1 game coming from EA, so that should be really cool.

Bing, I've just demoed GT3 on the PS2 and it looks really great. But some how the buttons weren't mapped like before, so I wasn't downshiting as well. I've never heard of MSG, but it looks pretty interesting.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
                      Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Lex
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Apr 2001

No time for gaming anymore, and no HD, so it's a simple choice for me, lol. Sure, I may latch onto one of the superbit gaming consoles eventually, but not in the product innovation stage.

Lex
                        Doug
                        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"