Excited about Gameboy Advance -or does that SUCK too?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SiliGoose
    • Aug 2000

Excited about Gameboy Advance -or does that SUCK too?

We're just over two months away from the US release of the next generation Gameboy. Nintendo is claiming they've already taken more orders for 2001 than they can fill. It appears GBA is already a success.

Are you guys impressed? Do you care?

I'm interested in how Nintendo will use the GBA with Gamecube.

-Sili
    www.campmurphy.net
  • Lexman
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2000

Sili, unfortunately, word is, that sucks too, lol.

JK.

Sounds like an interesting release, and another OOS good at Xmas time. Gameboy made many a vacation with my daughter. But I fear, she is outgrowing that stage as teenagers go, you know. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I never was one much for Gameboy, but I did have a Sega color portable that was pretty cool. Have to see if that thing still works sometime.

Lex

Comment

• SiliGoose
      • Aug 2000

I have pretty much the same opinion. I love to see the new system but it's not for me. I just think of the Gameboy as a toy. Tetris is the only game I really ever played on the system.

TechTV just did a review of the GBA. It is very small. They played F-Zero. The graphics look identical to the SNES version. Very impressive.

I like the fact that it's backward compatible with Gameboy and that you don't need 2 copies of the same game for head-to-head play. They're gonna sell a ton of these things.

-Sili
      www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Lexman
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2000

Hmm, sounds interesting. You remember the Sega portable I spoke of? Was really an impressive box. If it would have had Nintindo's name on it, it would have sold over 4 billion of those things, lol.

Lex

Comment

• SiliGoose
          • Aug 2000

Sega Nomad. Very cool -but it ate batteries pretty bad and only played full sized Genesis cartridges.

My all time favorite was the NEC TurboExpress. It was a 16-bit system attached to what amounted to a portable CRT. It doubled as a television with a tuner accessory. Great image quality.

-Sili
          www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Lexman
            Super Senior Member
            • Jun 2000

No, mine doesn't use full size game carts- Got it out, it still works, it's a Sega Game Gear. I only have 3 games for it though, carry case, and Ac adapter with battery pack. Dunno if that will charge though, trying it tonight.

It seems that all color LCD eats twice as much batteries as their monochrome equivilents. Well, almost all. I suppose technology is improving here. Or is it?

Lex

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"