X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gordon Moore
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Feb 2002

Privacy Buffs: FREE GUI NETWORK PROBE TOOL

I'm adding this to the freeware list but this is SO GOOD it deserves it's own thread

FANTASTIC Freeware program called NetProbe that lets you see all conversations between the host and destination...

Here's the link: http://www.objectplanet.com/probe

Note: Read the userguide BEFORE starting it up. It is very staright forward but depending on your o/s you made need to do different things.
    Enjoy!
    Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
  • AndrewM
    • Oct 2000

I never used that one, I've always used Ethereal http://www.ethereal.com/ to snoop packets. It's just stupidly complicated and if you're a rookie network person it will overwhealm you with information, but I have yet to find anything that is better without getting into the mega-bucks area (this one is free).

Of course the packet sniffing only works between a host and destination on a switched network, unless you have a managed switch that allows you setup a port to allow monitoring, or if you are using a hub.

Andrew

Comment

• Gordon Moore
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Feb 2002

IMHO this one is stupidly simple!

YMMV of course

"A RONSTER!"
      Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"