X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Just added one of these

Stunning 24-bit multi-channel performance and 100dB SNR for high definition audio
    Innovative EAX® ADVANCED HD™ technology delivers high definition audio environments for ultra-realistic gaming and enriched music effects
    Fully integrated SB1394 (IEEE® 1394 compliant) ensures optimum performance for qualified products like DV Camcorders, digital audio players, external hard drives/high speed CD-RWs, and home entertainment equipment
    Professional home recording studio with expanded front panel multi I/O connectivity, low latency ASIO™ support and bundled music creation tools
    Tap into unprecedented high definition audio and extensive front panel connectivity with Sound Blaster® Audigy™ Platinum. You'll experience incredible audio clarity with 24-bit multi-channel 5.1 sound, and stunning 100dB SNR. The increased power of the Audigy chip enables EAX® ADVANCED HD™ to deliver a host of innovative high definition audio effects with next generation interactive 3D audio for gaming, and sophisticated effects for music. Front panel connectivity of the Audigy drive has the most comprehensive connectors for analog or digital devices including home-stereo receivers, Optical DATs, MIDI devices, and professional audio gear. You'll also have the advantage of high speed connectivity to SB1394™ qualified devices like DV Camcorders, digital audio players, and external hard drives/high speed CD-RWs.
    For high definition audio entertainment with the most comprehensive device connectivity, get Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum
    Jon knows the device I think. I did get the head unit as well. Only problem is, I don't think my machine has IEEE1394. Crap.

It's the Asus blah blah 266-D

Reason I had to get something was, my on board audio crapped out. I tried reinstalling drivers, you name it, nothing. So, I disabled the sucker and got the best I could afford. I figure later, if I change Mobo's, this will be a good decision with 1394 and all.

In the meantime, I can at least play Counterstrike with audio! LOL.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

wait a minute, duh, does the 1394 cable hook to the card like the IDE cable, not the PC?

Now that I look at what the site says, I guess that's right. Last night, I kept looking for something to plug into, and was thinking it was on the mobo, lol.

Lex
    Doug

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

Hiya Lex,

Look down at the bottom of the back panel of the card- that nice little sort of rectangular but with a triangle kind of thingie (very technical term) is the IEEE 1394 connector... otherwise known as "Firewire".

I use them on my main desktop and laptop, mostly because I have a 60GB shared Fire wire external HD, and a Firewire Magnetoptical drive (1.3 GB).

It's pretty cool hot swap plug and play, just plug it in anytime, and the drive is detected and added to the explorer list. (XP). Maybe someday I'll get a video camera with Firewire, too, and it's one of the standards under development for Hi-Rez digital audio. But for now it's just a real quick and easy 400 Mbit/sec serial interface.

Regards,

Jon

Earth First!
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Cool Jon, I will crack this thing open again later tonight and complete this project. My new camcorder does have firewire support, so that's what I am curious about playing with. Actually, I think my 333 home theater computer has firewire too, if I got it hooked up right. But this one will be much easier to deal with.

I have been meaning to fire up the HT machine again. Now that I am back on cable modem, I will have internet access on my 60" big screen, lol. Just be careful for burn in, I know.

Lex
        Doug

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

Done. haven't tested it yet, but all hooked up!

Thanks Jon,
          Lex
          Doug

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"