X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Abit AT7 MAX

Here is a review of Abit's new AT7 board based on the KT333 chipset. If you had read my previous post introducing Abit's MAX series of board you know it is to usher in a new era of mother boards. The biggest thing is it descards all Legacy based support like PS2 ports, RS232 Serial ports, Parrallel ports..etc. In it's place it has more USB connections, IEEE 1394 (firewire) ports, more integration with onboard sound, 10/100 ethernet...

I don't know if I'm quite ready to drop the serial ports, and getting use to 3 PCI slots only..... :?: :?

Review Here

Bing
    Bing
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

To many parallel printers lying around. That's HP, and Epson's dream that these boards replace all motherboard. Then, backward compatibility is a thing of the past. 3 PCIs is not enough either. Trust me, I know, my Asus dual only as 3, and it's not enough. Oh sure, I can get by on my power machine with 3. But it's not ideal, that's for sure.

My advice, keep looking for the ultimate Mobo. Of course, with my Abit track record, that's not surprising advice from me. :roll:

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Bing Fung
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2000

Ya I hear ya Lex, the Asus A7V333 is looking nice... Waiting for a read on the Soyo Ultra KT333 Dragon as well.

May have to wait for the Hammer to come....

Bing
      Bing

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"