• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer

Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer

Microsoft has created a new tool, the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA), to analyze Windows systems for common security misconfigurations. Version 1.0 of MBSA includes a graphical and command line interface that can perform local or remote scans of Windows systems. MBSA runs on Windows 2000 and Windows XP systems and will scan for missing hotfixes and vulnerabilities in the following products: Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Internet Information Server (IIS) 4.0 and 5.0, SQL Server 7.0 and 2000, Internet Explorer (IE) 5.01 and later, and Office 2000 and XP.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Thanks for the post Paul....

I'm sure Kevin will have a comment on letting MS scan his system :P

Bing
    Bing

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Bing Fung
      I'm sure Kevin will have a comment on letting MS scan his system :P
      LOL :LOL:

Actually, I'm curious as to what this tool would find. I'd really like to run it on my work PC but it's NT, not 2000 (I'd have to find a Win2K machine on the network to run it from). And my home PC is running ME, so no go there either. I could scan my own laptop with it though! But I keep it up to date.

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
      My HT Site

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"