X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SiliGoose
    • Aug 2000

Anyone here a Mac person?

I just got a surprise early Valentines gift...an Apple iBook. It's very nice and all but I know NOTHING about OSX. I'm at a loss exploring pretty much everything.

Anyone know any good Apple forums where I can read up?

The thing is cool as can be (very slick looking) but I feel like a foreigner here.

-Sili
    www.campmurphy.net
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Nice gift! I know next to nothing about mac's so I'm not going to be much help I'm afraid.

Comment

• Bing Fung
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2000

Sili, sorry I don't know anything about Apples. Nice toy for somebody that is not into PC's..

Ask if they have the receipt, so you can exchange it for a Dell Inspiron 8000 :LOL:

Actually the Apples are nice stuff for users, however they are not targeted to the PC enthusists in my mind. still I'd take one if it was given to me.

Bing
      Bing

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Kewl gift. Well, what are you going to do with a laptop, surf, check email, word process? Apple will do that just fine.

I have never had an Apple, but always been a little curious about them. Fact is, were it not for Apple, we may not have Windows as it exists today. After all, what Bill Gates does best is take someone else's idea and capitalize on it.

Windows 95 wasn't much more than a visual clone of what Apple was already doing at the time. So what, he moved the task bar from the top to the bottom. Yes, the OS's are different, but the concept was identical to what apple was doing at the time.

Far as I can tell, Gates hasn't done to much totally original since DOS. lol. Even DOS was a take off of a previous OS, I think, Unix. I could be wrong on that, but I think he just adapted what they did, made the commands more english, and adapted it to different hardware.

Lex
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Chip
          • Aug 2001

I would be totally lost not being able to right click , lol... I just started dating this beautful woman and she has a Mac! I'm clueless.. Nice gift though! h:

Chip

Chip Engle

"Concrete ain't a spectator sport"

<a href="http://www.htguide.com/bilder/index.cfm?fuseaction=arkivbilder&userid=0&selected userid=336" target="_blank">My HT
          Chip Engle

My HT

Comment

• SiliGoose
            • Aug 2000

Chip,

You never know...she may like a little right click every now and then.

-Sili
            www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Chip
              • Aug 2001

Sili,

it's actually her daughters Mac. My new squeeze is actually a PC user. I played with it over coffee this morning. (doh!, i do mean the computer!) Mac's are different, i'll say that much..

Chip Engle

"Concrete ain't a spectator sport"

<a href="http://www.htguide.com/bilder/index.cfm?fuseaction=arkivbilder&userid=0&selected userid=336" target="_blank">My HT
              Chip Engle

My HT

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

So what do you think of it now that you've had it awhile?

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"