Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

It's here, the new Dual-Lex system!

Ok, to recap:

ADK Tsunami Aluminum case:

MB by Tyan, a big board!

MP16 processors(2), adding 512 meg of ram, and dual 60 gig drives. My Asus 8200 G3 graphics and 5.1 audio card go in after that. Lan card, CD writer, and you got one smokin system. Yamaha 24X CD-R/RW drive. Tried to get CD and CD/R working, so I could install DVD as well as CD-R, but so far, not figured that out. Maybe I would require another IDE? I know my IWILL Raid board does have CD and CD-R with dual hard drives, and it all works perfectly. But as yet, all I get is Operating System not found, if I put the extra CD drive on the IDE where the main hard drive is located. Can this not be done? Does the IDE that has the hard drive with the OS have to be solo?

Now, that I have the smokin PC, loosing my cable modem over this comcast/@home deal.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Very Nice!

Nothing like driving a thumb tack with a sledge hammer

Bing
    Bing

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

You should be able to put the CD on the same IDE chain as the master HD, as long as it's hardware jumper is SLAVE, but it will dumb down the transfer rates. Probably much better to pick up another ATA card and slap it in for the CD/DVD, as I did for my Athlon 600 workaround.

Regards,

Jon

Earth First!
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

LOL Bing, thanks.

Thanks Jon, good idea. I frequently find myself iliterate when it comes to PC internals. Really, I have made great strides in this area, but honestly, I wasn't even sure there was a card for adding additional IDE devices.

Still don't understand why I couldn't get my USB ports working on the system board, I guess a call to the dealer is in order. I tried a setting on the bios, and the darn thing darn near wouldn't boot. I dunno, I chickened out, and just went and picked up a 2 USB card. That's one card, I knew existed. LOL. Odds are good, if it's a MB problem, I would just opt to keep my solution. I have at least 2 more PCI slots open, and don't anticpate much more needs there. I wouldn't pull this MB out unless I absolutely had to I think.

Lex
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"