• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trevor Schell
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Promedia 4.1 Second set ..No Sound

Hi!.

I purchased a set of the Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Computer speakers a while ago and could not get them to produce any sound.
    I figured maybe the problem was the sound card so I bought a Soundblaster 5.1 soundcard and still had no results.
    The Promedia 4.1's went back for an exchange.
    I just finished setting the new set and still have no sound. This means I have no clue what I am doing and the original set most likely was not defective.

After some playing around though,,I found the Soundblaster keyboard screen. Strangely enough the keyboard plays and I have sound out of all four speakers.
    When trying to play Microsoft media, Realplayer or anything else the results are no sound.

What could be the problem?
    Thanks!,

Trevor
    My HomeTheater S.E.
    Sonically Enhanced
    C5
    Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Trev, make sure the these 3 items are selected in the Soundblaster's Mixer control panel. They are selected when the button below them are yellow.

I have highlighted them in green...

from left to right they are:

Wave/Direct sound
    CD/Digital
    CD Audio

Also when you select your speaker configuration above, run the test to ensure they work.

If that doesn't do it let me know and I'll stop by and have a look.

Bing
    Bing

Comment

• Trevor Schell
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Thanks Bing,,

Seems like that may be the problem as I can not open up the Mixer control panel.
      I get the message"Failed to load Plug-in"
      Looks like I may have some incompatibility issues.

I will try to reload the disc and see if it picks it up.

Trevor
      My HomeTheater S.E.
      Sonically Enhanced
      C5
      Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• Bing Fung
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Aug 2000

Well, you don't necessarly require the control panel to have the SB live work, however I thought it may be a starting point.

You may want to un-install the soundblaster, reboot and then re-install it.

One way you may want to go about it is down load the latest drivers from Creative and place them in a easy to find directory, or your desktop.
        Un-install the card and re-boot. Upon starting up WME will detect the card and want to install the drivers for it. Let it install it's own drivers and see how it works from there. If all is fine, then update the drivers with the latest SBL ME ones.

Bing
        Bing

Comment

• Trevor Schell
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Thanks Bing!,,
          You are my inspiration and I must bow to you.
          I deleted everything I had in regards to soundblaster and did a complete reinstal and now I have Sound..

Wow!!, is all I can say. These speakers do sound excellent along with the 5.1 SoundBlaster sound card.

I am really impressed with the EAX demo's,,this is my first experience with this and I have to admit it really is something spectacular.:E

Trevor
          My HomeTheater S.E.
          Sonically Enhanced
          C5
          Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• Bing Fung
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Aug 2000

Glad it worked out Trev!

Bing
            Bing

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"