• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RickS
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Dual Display

Hi, Guys!

I'm interested in finding the best solution to display a video signal to my FPTV as well as another monitor. The few things that have come to mind are a 1 in to 2 out video switcher or maybe adding another cheap video card. I'm looking for the solution that will not degrade in anyway the great image I'm getting from this HTPC.

Thoughts & Suggestions?

Rick

The Home Theater
    DVD Collection

• Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Rick, are you looking to output simultaneously? or separately?

If you want simultaneously you will need either a Matrox G550 video card or Geforce2 MX as these are the only ones to support dual display currently.

If you need the latter option, a switcher box may be the route to go. Or you could get a PCI card to output to the monitor while your Radeon uses the AGP to output to the FP. I have not set up a system like this so there may be issues I'm not aware of, however it should work

Bing
    Bing

Comment

• RickS
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2000

Bing,

Thanks for the reply!

At some point it would be nice to to display image at the same time. The main reason though is not to have to turn on the projector and burn up the bulb. If I added another video card would that work or does it create another set of problems?

Rick

The Home Theater
      DVD Collection

Comment

• Bing Fung
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Aug 2000

You should be able to add another video card, as Win 98 & Up supports dual video cards and display. It will have to be a PCI type card as your AGP port is already occupied by your Radeon.

Matrox and ATI make PCI cards, though I suspect if you went to your local PC store (try the Mom & Pop) you could find an inexpensive PCI video card.

The Matrox 450 PCI would be a nice solution if you wanted to spend a bit more and have nice 2D graphics on your PC.

See Matrox 450 PCI Here

Bing
        Bing

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"