X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Browser results on my PCs lately

Is anyone else having as hard a time with Firefox now, as I am? I used to use Firefox as my go to browser, but anymore, I find myself running away from it. One thing that happens? Somehow my right click functionality disappears. So, if I want to copy something, I can't, without doing a control C. I cannot right click and do anything.

think I did a fresh install on it, and had no better luck with it, of course, Firefox updates all the time itself.

Other things that are happening, it just up and crashes on me on my computer at work. I'll come in and it will say Firefox crashed, blah blah, open to restore session basically. Wow. How could such a fine browser develop so many issues with Windows 7 or my other Windows Server software.

Suddenly, Chrome is my browser of choice. I have it setup how I like it, it's solid as a rock dependable, and just WORKS. Explorer has been a half and half affair for me for a while now. Mostly it does ok, but occasionally, it closes or does something erratic. Well, that's browser 101 for me today. Chrome is my new browser of choice. I didn't think I'd ever say that when Chrome first came out. Things change, right Wordperfect? ROFL.

the preceeding was brought to you from our friends at "bitch and gripe" about all things PC, haha.

D
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Firefox is having a bunch of issues right now. Seems like Chrome and Firefox take turns having issues every couple of years which makes me switch back and forth. Seems its Firefox's turn this time.

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Somehow I think Google is on top of it now, and I doubt they are going to falter again, unless it's an adjustment to a new OS or something. Kudos to their team for doing such a good job of late. Funny how they seem to be controlling more and more of my world. Well, maybe not so funny, I hope they don't become "too" big brotherish.
      Doug

Comment

• Kevin P
        • Aug 2000

I gave up on Firefox a few years ago when it got all slow and bloated like IE. Been using Chrome and happy with it.

IE at least consistently sucks.

Comment

• mjb
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Kevin P
          I gave up on Firefox a few years ago when it got all slow and bloated like IE. Been using Chrome and happy with it.

IE at least consistently sucks.
          On a PC - I agree 100%, and also use Chrome.
          - Mike

Main System:
          B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
          Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Alaric
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Jan 2006

I haven't had any real problems with IE for a long time. I also have Waterfox (Firefox for 64 bit OS) and use it for some things because of a couple useful features , but it is a memory hog. If I minimize the window and forget about it , I'll suddenly realize most of 8 GB of DDR3 1600 RAM is tied up. I haven't tried Chrome. Google and I have some disagreements that keep me away , but I use the search engine so it isn't like I'm claiming moral high ground. LOL
            Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
            Marantz PM-KI Pearl
            Schiit Modi 3
            Marantz CD5005
            Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

when Chrome first came out, there were some compatibility issues with older web pages at least, maybe with certain elements of HTML 4 at the time, not sure. There were issues that kept me from making the switch. But over time, those issues became fewer and fewer. Fortunately, because I was about out of browser options, lol.

With Firefox sucking, and Explorer sometimes sucking, that didn't leave a lot left except Chrome or Opera. I haven't tried Opera in years. It never blew my socks off that's for sure.
              Doug

Comment

• Alaric
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Jan 2006

I've tried Opera , Safari , and Comodo's Dragon (modified Chrome , I think)and found them all slower than IE. Waterfox isn't bad , but it has gotten resource-happy the last couple years which limits its appeal.
                Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                Schiit Modi 3
                Marantz CD5005
                Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"