X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Mario Kart 8 (May 30 2014) WII-U

Have to say I'm pretty excited about buying a Wii U *ahem* "for my boys" in a couple years :B Can't wait to race them!

Review:

Jason
  • impala454
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2007

Maybe I'm getting old but sheesh I about had a seizure at the amount of colors and sparkles all over the screen.

I'm still miffed 20 years later that someone borrowed my original SNES Mario Kart and never gave it back :evil:
    -Chuck

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Mario Kart to me, is hands down the most fun, entertaining video game ever.

Sure there's other games that are more realistic, better grpahics etc, etc etc...but I've never had as much fun playing a game as with that series. And really, isnt that the point... Fun?
      Jason

Comment

• Dmantis
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jun 2004

I'm gonna have to agree, my brother and I have countless hours on it as well as my son and myself.

Now I 'm gonna have to pick up a new WII U

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

That's awesome. For our year in Iraq, we had a Wii in a little dusty trailer, and many an argument was settled or free time passed with Mario Kart Wii. We all left as MKW experts, and I still kick my kids' butts when we play the game. I don't own a Wii U, but that'd be awesome to get.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

Yeah I don't think any other game comes close to being so fun/universally praised by basically everyone. Young or old, boy or girl doesn't seem to matter. MK is just damn good old fashioned fun :T

Though I admit, I also look forward to this:

Jason

Comment

• Hdale85
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

I was going to buy another Xbox 360 for my daughters room, but since they got rid of the family Xbox LIve account (unless you are on Xbox One which I have no interest in purchasing) I've been thinking about buying 2 Wii U's now for both kids. Honestly it's just for good fun with the family and what not. Most of the games that come out on Xbox, PS, and so on that I'd want to play are on PC and I'd rather play them on PC so I'm looking for a different console experience.

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

Yeah as I eluded to earlier, there's something just inherently fun in Nintendo "DNA". Can't think of a better system for the entire family to enjoy.
                Jason

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"