• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Videos from Android to DVD?

Hey all,

Does anybody here have a step by step tutorial on how to make a DVD from a video taken with an Android phone?.
    Dan Madden :T
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

No takers??? .......Common all you 'techy' guys !!!

Comment

• Dmantis
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jun 2004

Sorry I can't of any good help, in the I world we have iMovie which works well with iTunes and is how we get videos off a iPhone to software. Then we can make a DVD movie from iMovie with cool titles etc.
      There has to be some kind of software for Android that works like this. I'm only replying as I'm curious how you upload your videos now? Doesn't Windows have a Movie maker? If you transfer your files over and save them in whatever format Windows uses, ,couldn't you use a Windows Movie Maker? It's been so long since I used Windows for these things I forget what my son use to use for his movies.
      I did however find this
      Follow this tutorial to rip and convert DVD movies to Android phone or tablet compatible video/audio formats with ease.

Comment

• impala454
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2007

You'll want to copy the video to your PC first (just connect with USB cable and hunt around for the folder the video was saved to on your phone). Then use Windows Movie Maker as Dmantis suggests. If you're just trying to share with others, I find a private Youtube channel to work great.
        -Chuck

Comment

• bigburner
          Super Senior Member
          • May 2005

Hi Dan,

I use a freeware app called Freemake to do video conversion: http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/. It's a bit slow but does a good job.

You haven't specified the file type of the video you've taken with your Android phone but Freemake will probably handle it given that it supports such a wide range of formats (see attached image).

As mentioned above you'll need to get the file(s) onto your PC first. Connect your Android phone to your PC with a USB cable; your phone will be detected as a USB device. All the content on the SD card can be then accessed using Windows Explorer, including the recorded Android video. The destination folder is usually DCIM/Camera. Then copy and paste the Android video files to your computer. Different Android phones will capture videos in different formats. The popular container formats for Android video include 3GP, MP4, M4V, MOV, TS, MKV, and WebM.

Nigel.
          Attached Files

Comment

• madmac
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2010

Thanks a lot folks!!.....I'll check this out.

Comment

• bigburner
              Super Senior Member
              • May 2005

Dan, I tried this last night with my HTC ONE Android phone. It was really easy. Shortly after plugging the USB cable into my laptop (using the battery charger cable) it was recognised by my computer. The storage area on the phone was readily accessed using Windows Explorer. The video was stored in a folder called DCIM and it was recorded in MP4 format which makes it easy to convert to DVD Video using the Freemake app I mentioned above.

Freemake has a feature that allows you to join files together when doing the conversion. For example, if you have 10 separate holiday video files on your phone you can join them up so that there are no gaps between those files when you watch the DVD.

Nigel.
              Last edited by bigburner; 09 January 2014, 19:10 Thursday. Reason: Add Freemake join feature description.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"