X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fishy
    • Jul 2004

Dumb Novice Question

I'm finally looking at building a little something to hold all my DVD's and Blue-Rays, but how do you or what software do you use to rip them from the hard media on to the internal storage/NAS?

Thanks
    Fish
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Any DVD/ HD and Clone DVD
    Dan Madden :T

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Dan (PewterTA) set up DVDfab software for me so I could create a digiatl DVD library.
      There are many others, but like you I am not savvy with such things.

I will ask him to give us some input.
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

AnyDVD HD is the best to remove the protection and allow it to be put down to the HD. It allows two options, creating a .iso file or ripping the whole disc. So what you'd see through explorer when looking at the disc is what you see in the folder you select to rip to. You do have some options to remove previews and things, but I hardly use that as I've come across problems within the menu system that seems to every once in a great while cause it to not work properly (best to let the playback software do that).

For Ripping DVDs, I still like the process I use of RipIt4Me, DVDecrypter, and DVDShrink. Ripit4me will control DVDecrypter and do all the setting for you and if you want to verify things look good it'll pop it into DVDShrink. This is all legacy stuff...but it works really well for ripping.

DVDFab is also another good one but a little bit pricey as it's all a-la-cart for everything and they will charge you for it. However it's got a nice and pretty interface and is very simple to use. Plus it allows converting back to disc and to different format videos and what not (unlike AnyDVD HD).
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• mjb
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Fishy
          what software do you use to rip them from the hard media on to the internal storage/NAS?
          My recommendation: http://handbrake.fr/
          - Mike

Main System:
          B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
          Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"