X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

pulled trigger on a new laptop

Just ordered: Waiting on delivery: I looked for a week, almost bought 2 or 3, waited, bought a cheap one locally, thought about it, and thought better about it, and returning it unopened. I landed on this in a last ditch effort to find BD player in an affordable package less than 700-1000. IT just happens it's W7. That could be a blessing. W8 is after all better with touch screen, if you buy touch screen less than $600, you compromise other things that matter more...

Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 1024-ASU LAPTOP

Lenovo i5, 8 gig ram, 750gb HD, 15.6 screen, BLU RAY player/DVD combo drive:
    Windows 7 Home. Gun metal finish. $520.00 shipped. Trusting a 3rd party seller with good amazon feedback. :T

Adding small photos in a bit

Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Hmm content protected by owner.

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

That seems to happen sometimes, but not others. I have no idea why I don't have content protected on my site that I know of.
      Doug

Comment

• technodanvan
        • Nov 2009

I came real close to buying a very similar Lenovo a few months ago. I settled on a Sony solely because it had a 1080p screen for roughly the same price - though it did not come with a Blu-Ray player. I'd recommend Lenovo to anyone though, great computer at the right price.
        - Danny

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

Danny, I looked strongly at Sony's too, and if I would have wanted to spend 1K, I probably would have got a Sony. There was a tempting 14" Sony with BD for 740 at Amazon. But in the end, I got most of what I wanted in this Lenovo.

It's a balancing act. Every time I said, oh, this looks like it! There would be some reason I backed off. Locally, I could have got a machine close to this one from Office Depot, but it didn't have Blu ray, and was 2 GB short on ram.

All compromises aside, this one looks pretty good for this amount of $
          Doug

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"