• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Rubber earphone covers!!

Hey all,

I thought I would share this experience with you because I am quite shocked at the results!. I have a headset and the little rubber ear attachments/inserts over time have fallen off and got lost (In ear type). I went to Radio Shack to see if I could get some generic replacements and sure enough, they had them. I had to cut them a bit to get them to fit on my headset but they went on finally.

Now....the difference in the sound quality is quite impressive!. I'm not sure if it's the kind of rubber or the fact that the hole is a little bigger but the improvement in bass, detail, and transparency is at least 30% better!! :E

Who would have thought that these little rubber in-ear covers could make such a dramatic improvement in the sound!!. :T
    Dan Madden :T
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Yeah, mac, I think the key is how it makes a seal on the ear canal. It then shoots all the sound right into your eardrum!
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

+1

I think Chris nailed this one.
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• madmac
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by John Holmes
        +1

I think Chris nailed this one.
        I think I also nailed this one by losing my rubber headphone caps and buying these replacements!!. Among other improvements, I'm getting 25% better, tighter bass from this headset!!! :T

Comment

• John Holmes
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by madmac
          I think I also nailed this one by losing my rubber headphone caps and buying these replacements!!. Among other improvements, I'm getting 25% better, tighter bass from this headset!!! :T
          I cannot disagree. ;x(
          "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• madmac
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2010

I encourage everyone here on the forum to experiment with their in ear headphone buds.......They can make a huge difference in the sound!!!!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"