X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

New Vista Service Pack 2 release

Looks like Vista Service Pack 2 is out now. Big 350MB or so download, we'll see if it does anything.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

I've seen some reviews of SP2 and some folks claim it actually freed up some space on the hard drive by removing redundant services/programs from previous upgrades. I loaded it on the laptop I'm using now , and it may boot a little faster , but otherwise I haven't seen any big changes. No problems either , so far.
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Well, the first thing it's done for me is screw up my sound card on my laptop. I get MEGA distortion with all audio sounds now. I'll have to re-install my sound driver.
      CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Alaric
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Jan 2006

Oh , hell! Sorry to hear that. I've had the occasional odd occurrence , but I blamed it on my ineptitude with a touchpad. It's actually kind of funny that I think I'm too old for "new" technology. I can't function without qwerty and a mouse! I really can't tell if my issues are incompetence or Vista related.
        Vista is on the wife's laptop , and I would have preferred XP , but that's probably a case of "the devil I know".
        Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
        Marantz PM-KI Pearl
        Schiit Modi 3
        Marantz CD5005
        Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Ugh... I don't know if it's because of Vista SP2, but after installing it, my laptop suddenly started going downhill. First the audio got major distortions, where it was unintelligible, then the computer started locking up. I had to roll back the computer to an uninstall point previous to SP2. The audio was still messed up, so I reinstalled the audio driver, and all is good now.
          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"