X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ian1975
    • Apr 2009

Problem upgrading SSP-800 and Vista

Hi to all,

I followed the Classé's document step by step for the upgrade but my vista laptop doesn't detect the SSP, BTW I used the USB cable.

Should I use the RJ-45 cable or windows XP? Anyone had success with the upgrade with Windows Vista?

Thanks

Ian
    :M
  • Srrndhound
    • Sep 2008

Yes, you have to use Windows. Good luck!

Comment

• ian1975
      • Apr 2009

I did use the windows vista...

Comment

• hifiguymi
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2007

I had trouble with Vista loading the drivers for the SSP-800. Is that what you are running into or is it something else?

Eric

Comment

• Srrndhound
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ian1975
          I did use the windows vista...
          Very sorry. What I was trying to say was XP. But in searching further, I found this useful post by Hberg from over a year ago saying Vista should work:

"I would agree that the failure of the SSP-800 to recognize the CA-3200 is a sign that the amp needs updating. Firmware updates are cumulative, so updating with the current code will deliver all the advantages of earlier versions.

You can upate using a USB to RS-232 adaptor but you may need to reassigned the adaptor COM port to one of the COM ports (COM Port 1-4) that are available on the downloader. To do this right click on MY COMPUTER, select PROPERTIES/HARDWARE/DEVICE MANAGER/PORTS. Right click on the USB to Serial connector, then select PROPERTIES/PORT SETTINGS/ADVANCED. If the COM Port number is over 4 then you need to reassign it to a COM Port 1 – 4, then try to perform the update.

I have checked with our IT department and there is technically no reason for the downloader not to work on Windows Vista.
          Last edited by Srrndhound; 25 November 2009, 02:35 Wednesday.

Comment

• HedgeHog
            • Dec 2008

I upgraded with Vista w/o issues. Go to your Device Manager and look under Ports. Perhaps, the USB drivers assigned a port greater than COM4. Simply change it to a lower available port (I set it to COM2 on mine). The the Classe loader s/w will be able to communicate. I assume that's the problem and not something else.

Good luck.

-Hedwig
            Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD / Oppo BDP-105 / Apple TV G2 / QNAP Turbo NAS TS-210
            Classe Audio SSP-800 / Classe Audio CA-M400 (x2) + CA-5200
            B&W 802D2 / B&W HTM2D2 / B&W CCM-818 / JL Audio Fathom 113
            Richard Gray Substation 240V + 1200 Custom / ESD Cable Isolators Mk II.
            Clear Day Double Shotgun Spkr Cable / White Zombie Audio ZeroPointZero Silver XLR / LessLoss DFPC Original

Comment

• sikoniko
              Super Senior Member
              • Aug 2003

I've never used USB to upgrade, but I'm not sure if the OS will detect the SSP. Perhaps that is a benefit of serial. I shut the SSP off, plug both ends of the cable together, start the software and when it tries to find the SSP I turn it back on and away it goes.
              I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• Srrndhound
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by sikoniko
                I've never used USB to upgrade, but I'm not sure if the OS will detect the SSP. Perhaps that is a benefit of serial. I shut the SSP off, plug both ends of the cable together, start the software and when it tries to find the SSP I turn it back on and away it goes.
                Good point about detection. Apparently not all USB-Serial adapters are created equal. This thread about uploading into Anthem processors discusses that if using a Mac with Fusion, don't use a Belkin adapter. Not sure if they said the Keyspan is better, but just to say, it mght matter.
                Last edited by Srrndhound; 27 November 2009, 02:48 Friday.

Comment

• ian1975
                  • Apr 2009

Thank you everyone. I appreciated your response and feel very privileged to be part of the Classé club. I finally upgraded the SSP-800 yesterday. Everything works great. Srrndhound is right, I had to reassign the COM port and it worked.

Ian

Comment

• Mestre JR
                    • Dec 2009

When you upgrade the firmware of the SSP800, you loose the configurations and personal settings? Whow do you do, from the beginning so you don´t loose it?
                    Thanks

Comment

• hifiguymi
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Mar 2007

All of the configurations and settings will remain. I've never had to redo those with any SSP-800 update I've done.

Eric

Comment

• Mestre JR
                        • Dec 2009

OK. Thanks!!
                        I got one new ssp800 with 2.0.1 firmware and i noted some bugs... For instance, when i turn on the DCP202 the 800 turn automaticly to bypass and it´s not possible to change the mode. Onl if i choose another source, and then reurn to CD to make possible this change (sometimes i like to use 2.1 in some records).
                        So, do you know when goes out the new firmware?

Comment

• Mestre JR
                          • Dec 2009

I men CDP202 (the CD player), of course.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"