X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

PS3 is in the house

I scored an MGS4 bundle (so I get SACD playback as well) for my b-day and, so far, so good (meaning it works--I haven't had time to sit and watch a film or play a game, just testing each function). Set-up was relatively quick and painless (store was out of the Bluetooth remotes, so I've had to fiddle around with the controller).

I got a game for the kids (based on Pixar Cars) and the only game I anticipate getting for myself is NHL 09.

Otherwise, let the BD movie parade commence. :T
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Sweeeeeet.... :banana: First stop, buy "Cars" and "Ratatouille" on BD. Let me know how the pixar game turns out... looking for a nice, VERY simple game for my kid.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• dmcgowan
      • Sep 2003

Chris,

We have Cars (both BD and the PS3 game). My 6 year old can't master it as a game but loves watching me play it. I am guessing if he was a couple of years older it would work fine for kids.

Content is very safe for kids.

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

• Alloroc
        Super Senior Member
        • Dec 2005

Ratchet and Clank is a great game for kids (and adults) too. It's also gone 'classic' so it should be cheap.
        Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Thanks, man. I bought "Dora the Explorer and the Purple Planet" for my 4-year-old daughter, thinking it would be good for her to grow into in a few years. But she mastered the game very quickly, actually, and has played all the way through it several times. I was very surprised. So next I bought her the Veggie Tales "Larry Boy and the Rumor Weed" (or something) and that one is too hard for her. So I'm looking for another kids game that's very basic that she can play.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• audioqueso
            Super Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Chris D
            Sweeeeeet.... :banana: First stop, buy "Cars" and "Ratatouille" on BD. Let me know how the pixar game turns out... looking for a nice, VERY simple game for my kid.
            Sonic Unleashed is coming out at the end of the month. Looks very simple and fun. Just run and jump.
            B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"