X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Play
    • May 2008

Remote control for Marantz SR5200.

Hello,
    i have a Marantz SR52000 surround receiver and i don't have the remote control. Can anyone tell me with what model i can replace the original remote?
    Thank you.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Might be easiest to buy one of the Logitech Harmony remotes, then you can download the codes to operate your receiver.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Play
      • May 2008

Thank you for your answer but logitech remotes are expensive, i'm looking for something around 20-30 dollars.

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

It's unlikely you'll find a low buck universal remote preprogrammed with all the Marantz codes.

So, AFAIK, there are only 2 ways to do this, buy a remote that will take a downloaded code file (Pronto, Harmony, etc), or use a learning remote that can be programmed using someones existing SR5200 remote.

If you know someone with a Pronto, Harmony or similar remote, perhaps they'll download the file and let you use their remote to program a universal learning unit.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Play
          • May 2008

I undestand. The thing is the original remote it's still on the market but they ask 200$ for one (in Europe, i dont know in US).This is lot of money in my country. The receiver cost me 60$, my salary for a week. I was told there is universal remotes (simple ones, without displays) and some of this will work with my receiver. The problem is there are milions of universal remotes. The name on this remotes is "pilot". The market is full of them here. And they cost 15-20$. I hoped someone can point me the right model based on some codes, i dont know....
          Thats all, thank you again.

Comment

• Play
            • May 2008

I found this remote http://www.ofausa.com/remote.php?type=URC6690 in online stores and i think it will work with the receiver. Can anyone tell me if i'm right?

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"