X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dyazdani
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Oct 2005

Wireless video

I've got a guy who wants to use his plasma as a computer monitor from both his laptop and desktop (primarily desktop). Is there a way to transmit the video wirelessly?

I know of some people using those little boxes from RS for cable, etc, but haven't looked at computer applications.

Thanks!
    Danish
  • Alloroc
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by dyazdani
    I've got a guy who wants to use his plasma as a computer monitor from both his laptop and desktop (primarily desktop). Is there a way to transmit the video wirelessly?

I know of some people using those little boxes from RS for cable, etc, but haven't looked at computer applications.

Thanks!

This might do the trick.

It's quite pricey but it's the only thing that I know that will transmit a decent screen resolution. It's XGA, or 1024 x 768 max.

Should be decent for a Plasma! I wonder how it would stream a DVD from the PC?! It'll do the keyboard, mouse and audio too.

It's in the 5GHz range so DECT and other wireless devices should not interfere.

V.
    Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"