X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Where to buy a PS3?

Well, I'm thinking I may just do it. Problem is, I am WAAAAAY out of the loop on gaming systems. Where can I buy a Playstation 3? Is there any certain place that would be good to pre-order one, and would have a slot available?
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

No Chris, nooooo.

Playstation 3 Pre-order

These guys are pretty reliable.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Edit: My apologies Chris, the usual places seem to have limited pre-ordering.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Wait... "nooooo" what?

Thanks for the link, but it looks like they're out of their pre-orders already. YIKES! So where do I pre-order one?
      CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Brandon B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2001

I am pretty sure you are SOL on the pre-order. Everywhere I have read about it indicated the pre-orders went quickly, and further, Sony is making noise about not making their newer lower shipping target quantities.

I advise patience.

BB

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Yeah, I read somewhere about Sony lowering their US initial shipping.

I thought it would be nice to get one right as I come home from my current 4 month military deployment. (man, this is getting old) I've only got 2 weeks left. I guess I can wait a bit if I have to, but I'd rather not. But I would HAVE to have one by my annual Super Bowl party if I'm going to get one, so I can go over high-def video with my guests. If I can't get one by the end of January, I won't be getting one.
          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Sponge
            • May 2006

Get an XBOX 360 because you are SOL if you haven't pre-ordered. They are having production issues and there will be less than the X360 was last year.

I would go to a Kmart or some 2nd tier store store that will get 3-6 pieces and wait in line...otherwise wait till March-April when they are in stock.
            Old HT guy getting back into it!

Comment

• Vinny
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Chris D
              Yeah, I read somewhere about Sony lowering their US initial shipping.

I thought it would be nice to get one right as I come home from my current 4 month military deployment. (man, this is getting old) I've only got 2 weeks left. I guess I can wait a bit if I have to, but I'd rather not. But I would HAVE to have one by my annual Super Bowl party if I'm going to get one, so I can go over high-def video with my guests. If I can't get one by the end of January, I won't be getting one.
              They totally cut the Europe's release for supplying the US market. Yet it's too expensive for a gaming console.... 599 without tax :roll:

I would get the Nintendo's Wii until the price of PS3 drops to an acceptable amount :B
              Last edited by Chris D; 13 November 2016, 16:49 Sunday.
              Pioneer KRP-500M
              Emotiva UMC-1
              Parasound 5125
              Oppo BDP-83
              Klipsch RF-3II, RC-3II, RB-5II
              SVS PB-10NSD

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Well, I can actually handle the price, given what the PS3 is promising it will give. I read a report today that Sony says they'll be able to fill everybody's demand by May...
                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• SiliGoose
                  • Aug 2000

Well, I can actually handle the price, given what the PS3 is promising it will give.
                  Those promises won't be filled until next year. There are 21 games launching this year for the PS3. 17 of those games are either already available for Xbox 360 or will be available on Xbox 360 this year. Of the remaining 4 games only one, Resistance: Fall of Man is of any significance.

Buy a 360 now and wait for Sony to catch up. Great games are coming but it'll be a while. Get the 360 now and you can play all the great games already available for it. Beyond that, the two systems are pretty evenly matched in terms of performance.
                  www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• infinitiqx4
                    • Jan 2003

If you are still looking, it seems that many stores are getting limited batches in this week. I just followed the slickdeals forum posts on this, search there if you are interested.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"