X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rolyasm
    • Dec 2004

M-audio and Ableton Live Lite 4 software

I am looking to buy a sound card for my laptop so I can begin to tune my subs. I can either go the route of something like a Creative Labs Live, but then I need to buy a phantom power and mic amp. I can also buy an all-in-one like the M-audio system. I can't find any information on what the software is capable of on the M-audio. The Creative Labs is nice because it allows me to rip music from LP's, CD's and do other secondary stuff. My main purpose is to use the sound card as a tuner for my HT subs, but if the Creative Labs offers more features that I can use for other stuff, I may purchase that instead. Does anyone know what the M-audio is capable of besides helping to tune my subs to my room? Thanks for any input.
    Roly
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

I use the M-audio Pro with Audacity 1.3B (free software), works well with my laptop. I also utilize Cakewalk Sonar Home Studio 4, I have issues with this software even though it comes highly recommended, with my laptop. However in all fairness, my laptop did not fully meet the specs required.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Rolyasm
      • Dec 2004

Thanks Azeke,
      So with this program you can do a lot of stuff? I guess what I am trying to do decide is what system to use to set up my subs. If M-audio doesn't do anything but setup my subs, I might go with the cheaper system. I took a look at the Audacity and there wasn't a lot of info, but it did look like the software could do a lot of things. Are you using Mac or Windows? Which version? What kinds of things can you do with Audacity? Can you burn LP's do CD? Thanks,
      Roly

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
        • Aug 2001

I got the Ableton Lite package with my M-Audio MobilePre USB. It's a multitrack recording package, not something to tune/eq subs. What M-Audio are you thinking of? External?

Comment

• Kemp
          • Nov 2003

Ableton Live and Audacity is recording software and not playback/tuning software.
          Marius

Comment

• Azeke
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Kemp
            Ableton Live and Audacity is recording software and not playback/tuning software.
            Kemp, I can't elaborate on Ableton Live, but Audacity is not only recording s/w, but it allows playback and acoustic modification, depending on what you are trying to do. The bottom line, it was developed by audio techs, it is free, they just want you to make a contribution to a development fund. So you don't have much to lose, when trying it's capabilities.

Roly, I am using Windows XP SP2, and yes you can use it along with the M-Audio Pro DAC to transfer casettes and LPs, you can also utilize it for CD's, but you can use less complicated software, unless you try to modify the acoustical characteristics of the CD recording. Hope this helps.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"