X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • griffse
    • Nov 2001

Laptop DVD to TV

I am trying to connect My Dell Latitude C810 DVD to my TV. There is an S-video composite cable that I plugged into my Sharp 36L-S400B but the TV didn't seem to see the signal. The laptop runs intervideo DVD as its software decoder. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

griffse, welcome to the forum!

Try right clicking on your desktop to to open your video display settings. Go into advanced settings and look around for a setting that will enable the S-video port. This will enable the dual monitor settings on the graphics card. It will be diferent for each computer, but the area to find the settings should be the same.

Let me know how that worked.

Bing
    Bing

Comment

• P-Dub
      Office Moderator
      • Aug 2000

I've got an Inspiron 8000 laptop and this is what I have to do to get DVD on TV. In a nutshell, I have to make the secondary display, the TV, as my primary display.

What you may want to do is to setup you secondary display down to 640x480 first, then change it over to primary. This can be accomplished in the Display Properties in the Advanced property settings.

Do you have the ATI chip or the Nvidia?

Do you get any signal at all? If no signal, then you need to activate the secondary monitor option. If you get a signal, but no DVD playback, try switching the primary display to the TV.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
      Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Good suggestions. Guys, I know Griff and trust me, he's great with computers! We all get stumped once in a while though. He asked me, I said come see the pros. You guys do DVD on PC a lot more than me. Just call him Griff. Not Gruff as I do.

Lex
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• griffse
          • Nov 2001

Thanks guys, I figured it out last night. It was indeed a setting buried in the nvidia GEforce2 go settings. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"