• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GregoriusM
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2000

Decent Web cam?

Hey!

I'm looking for a DECENT (read: good but low priced) web cam for my laptop (used as my desktop 'puter).

Any recommendations would be great!

I am on broadband ADSL.

Also, what is the best way to talk to/ see someone about 100 miles away when it comes to software? MSN, Netmeeting? ????

Thanks people.

NOTE: Low cost / great product (as usual!) Also, if it fits on the top of a laptop, that would be good, or does that limit my functionality?

:later:
    Gregor
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

It will be interesting to see what people post.

I researched this a couple months ago and found nothing but a raft of complaints on the Logitech forum. Some threads were started years ago and there was still no resolution to the problems posted. Creative Labs forum seemed to have somewhat fewer complaints.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Most digital camera's have a usb webcam function as far as I know. That's likely the route I'd go if you can as you'll also have a decent cam to use as well as arguably a better quality webcam.
      Jason

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I should add that the problems people were posting on the Logitech and Creative Labs forums were primarily software related. Driver problems or conflicts with XP.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"