X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Preacherman
    • Jan 2004

Component Splitter

Ok, I need some advice. I am thinking that I will be in need of a component splitter in the very near future have. As of now I have component from my HD Cable box, and also from my LG-7832 upconverting DVD player go to my Onkyo TXNR801-b receiver. The Onkyo has only 1 component out which I send to my Z2 front projector. So my crappy 32” regular TV gets only S-video. I will be getting a 55” Silver series Mitsubishi RP (WS-55413 )(getting a great deal on it), and will want to send component signal to it also.

Long story short I was looking at this for $95.00.

Discription

or for $99.00

Details

I am thinking they are the same, just different boxes.

It would also allow me to hook up component from my Xbox.

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Preacherman; 01 March 2006, 18:46 Wednesday.
    Bruce

Individuality - Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Are you looking for a switcher (connect multiple sources to one device/display), or a splitter/distribution amp (connect one component video output to multiple displays)? Or both (as the units you posted do)?

The reason I ask, is because I have a 1-input 3-output component video distribution amp which I bought but don't need and can't return. If you're interested in it, PM me and I'll get more info on it for you.

Comment

• Preacherman
      • Jan 2004

I will have two displays that I will want to run component to, the Mits RP and the Z2 FP. I have no knowledge of these splitters. What I am thinking is keeping the Cable box and DVD run into the reciever and out of the reciver into one of these units. Then a line out to each display. This will also leave me with 2 inputs -1 for the xbox and maybe 1 for the playstation2....hmmmm
      Bruce

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

I think you will love this product: http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2103918

It's 4 in, 2 out component. with analog audio and coaxial PCM inputs. The coolest thing is it has an IR sensor that can learn commands from any remote. So the same input command for your receiver will also switch the video. Or have play on the DVD switch to DVD, ch+ on the cable box switch to cable, etc...

At only $70 you can't go wrong.Only downside is both outputs always have the same source.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Preacherman
          • Jan 2004

Thanks ...that looks like it should do the trick, with 3 benefits 1) I can actually buy and return(if needed) locally 2) not another remote and 3) save $30.

Thanks again :T ;x(

BTW.....just noticed my post number hasn't changed....wonder how long that has been that way?? 8O
          Bruce

Comment

• Kevin P
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Preacherman
            BTW.....just noticed my post number hasn't changed....wonder how long that has been that way?? 8O
            It should change every time you post... it's at 114 now, post again and it should go to 115.

Comment

• ekkoville
              • Aug 2004

Hey Kevin, 7000 posts.....that's up there with the BigDogg's here, eh?

Comment

• cryofax
                • Mar 2006

I own both of those products. The $99 HDTV matrix switch works great. The radio shack one introduces horrible signal problems when you output to two devices. if you output to one, it looks fine, but for some reason turn on that second TV or monitor and the signal looks bad. I assumed since it plugs in it must boost the signal but I think maybe it doesn't.

- Cryo

Comment

• Kevin D
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Oct 2002

Component splitters are notorious for introducing ground loops. Even the $400 Audio Authority splitter at our office (which even has a ground lift switch!) is horrible at slightly different grounds.

In our big jobs (8+ HD sets all through the house) we've had to go ahead and spec Jensen isolators at each TV, since it would be close to impossible to clear otherwise.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Preacherman
                    • Jan 2004

if you output to one, it looks fine, but for some reason turn on that second TV or monitor and the signal looks bad.
                    Are you saying not to try and use it to feed 2 devices a signal at the same time but to just use it as an A-B switch and I should be fine? If so, that is my intention.
                    Bruce

Comment

• Lex
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Apr 2001

What perhaps is confusing Bruce about the post count is that each of his post on this page show the same number. That's how it works. It does not remember which post is which of yours. It just keeps a running total that it shows on all your posts-

Doug
                      Doug
                      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• cryofax
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Preacherman
                        Are you saying not to try and use it to feed 2 devices a signal at the same time but to just use it as an A-B switch and I should be fine? If so, that is my intention.
                        Yes that's exactly what I do.

- Cryo

Comment

• siberian
                          • Dec 2004

Autopatch

For not much more you can get an autopatch 1YDM off ebay and get true 8x8 component switching (programmable to!) with PCM audio...

Thats what I do, works great and controls my entire house.

Originally posted by cryofax
                          Yes that's exactly what I do.

- Cryo

Comment

• Preacherman
                            • Jan 2004

Update.....Now that the Mits 55" and the Sanyo Z2 are connected, I have no problems with the Mits (6' run) but the Z2 is a constant flicker. I have check all the cables and it seems to happen more in graphic intense movies (not that I have been able to watch many). I am guessing the signal is not boosted and the 40' run to the Z2 is too much....Any suggestions?
                            Bruce

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"