Clear All
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

Microsoft Antispyware beta

Haven't tried it yet but plan to.
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Microsoft bought out GIANT (makers of GIANT AntiSpyware) recently, so this MS Antispyware is based on GIANT's product. I tried the GIANT trial once, it was pretty good. Though since I don't tend to get spyware myself but wind up cleaning it off other's PCs, I still tend to go for the free tools like AdAware, Spybot S&D, CWShredder, Hijack This, etc.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I'm running it now on my machine...so far so good.

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

If you don't want to deal with the ActiveX 'Genuine Windows Validation' nonsense, you can directly download it from http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...areInstall.exe

NOTE: This version expires on: 7/31/2005

There's something about Micro$oft's latest software ventures that I don't trust. Not sure why but I don't have a good feeling about their ventures into the AntiSpyWare and AntiVirus world.......... :uhoh:
        Last edited by ThomasW; 07 January 2005, 02:48 Friday.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Shane Martin
          Super Senior Member
          • Apr 2001

You know I'm using this and really liking it. Color me surprised.

Comment

• JOY DIVISION
            • Aug 2004

I would stay with some free tools since MS might be looking around stuff you don't want anyone knowing it's there but yourself.

Comment

• Shane Martin
              Super Senior Member
              • Apr 2001

I have nothing to hide personally. No problems here.

Comment

• JOY DIVISION
                • Aug 2004

There was just news the other day that a hacker broke in T-Mobile network in Seattle and pretty much looked at everyones Social Security number and billing info, These things happen even if your carrier does not want it to, worst thing was he was trying to sell the info on the net, now with a certain company that's legit and monitors the amount of info on your PC they would still be vulnerable to such threats.I've been holding on to this file just in case everything goes haywire. Check it out.

http://dban.sourceforge.net/ :roll:

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"