X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • taz13
    • Jun 2004

Need some design help

I am tired of bass management on my Ht receiver as well as many other points about Ht receivers and I want to to use a computer as my pre/amp/pro, cd player with tunes copied onto a dedicated drive, DVDs also copied onto a dedicated drive, with the abilitiy to network to any system or computer in the house. Only outside input would be my satellite receiver, digital 5.1 audio and video. Budget That I am looking at would be about $3000.00 cdn. I like some of the different systems that I have seen on here and like the idea of a central media storage system. For HT use I will be driving a stack of pro amps, so I want a card or pre/amp/pro that has that capability.
    Ideas anyone?
    I will be doing the majority of my shopping at tigerdirect but am open to other canadian sites as at this time of year I don't want to get into cross border shipping.
    The day is not complete if something new is not learnt.
    Taz/Rick/Richard/Ricardo
  • taz13
    • Jun 2004

This is my basic list so far , any suggestions?

eVGA GeForce FX 5700 Personal Cinema / 256MB / AGP 8X / Video Card

Asus A8V Deluxe Via Socket 939 ATX Motherboard and AMD Athlon 64 3400+ Processor

Chieftec Matrix Solar-Flare AXT Mid-Tower Case with Front USB/Firewire Ports and 600-Watt Power Supply

Ultra 512MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory x2

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Upgrade Service Pack 2

Western Digital / Caviar SE / 200GB / 7200 / 8MB / ATA-100 / EIDE Hard Drive

Microsoft / M03-00069 / Wireless Intellimouse / Crimson Fire / Mouse

Hyundai ImageQuest L90D / 19-Inch / 1280 x 1024 / Silver & Black / DVI-D / LCD Monitor
    The day is not complete if something new is not learnt.
    Taz/Rick/Richard/Ricardo

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"