X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tgrossner
    • Jul 2004

Slight ghosting on a VPl-HS20

Has anyone seen any slight ghosting on certain shapes such as sub-titles when using a Sony HS20, or some other similar projector? I am using component input, and have tried other cables, to no effect.

Its not even really much of an issue...it more of an annoyance.

Tim Grossner
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I have read elsewhere of this problem cropping up, but after owning 2 lcd projectors, a crt and a dlp, I can honestly say I have never encountered this particular artifact. Maybe Jon or Dean know something about this.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• CJ Paul
      • Oct 2004

Hi, I have a sony HS-10 and notice some ghosting too. I never really got rid of it, but it seems a little better now. I think its the projector. I actually upped the sharpness to about 40% (gasp! I know!) and it seemed to help more than any other settings I tried. I also went into the service menu when the PJ was getting tons of talk over on AVS and changed a few settings based on their recomendations but saw no noticeable difference. Try tweaking the sharpness (against common thought) and see what happens. Otherwise, I think its the Sony VPL HS-XX projectors.

Comment

• Brandon B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2001

Does the little lens dust shield on the fron have any effect on it?

BB

Comment

• CJ Paul
          • Oct 2004

Not to the best of my knowledge as I'm sure I've had both the lamp cover and the CC filter (provided with the HS10, I'm not sure if they still provide it with the HS20) off for testing.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"