X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lambo_freak
    • May 2007

Ghosting on LCD

I recently purchased an LCD from newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16889022042. I am having a a slight ghosting effect, if this is the correct terminology. This effect can only be seen in movies; the video games are fine.

Moving objects seem to have an image trailing behind them, or what seems to be image retention for about half of a second. I have calibrated the screen using the THX calibrator found on Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean. I have two dvd sources (yamaha and XBOX 360), and this ghosting can be seen using both players. The signal is traveling through my yamaha receiver to my tv. It comes through at 480p from both sources ( the XBOX games are displayed in 720p).

How could I fix this ghosting?
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Sounds like pixel lag to me. It's common to LCD's and is usually particularly bad on cheaper units. Sorry your link isn't working, what make/model is it?
    Jason

Comment

• lambo_freak
      • May 2007

sorry about the bad link

I guess I should mention that my receiver is not the problem, as I initially used my xbox for the dvds without using the receiver to route components.

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

I'd still guess pixel lag/response time.

Have a look at this link:

Jason

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"