X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadman
    • Sep 2003

PJTX100 hitachi

Hello this nice projector just came out
    anybody familiar with it , the specs look good and better lumens than the Z2
    about $1000 more than the Z2

Hitachi PJTX100 UltraVision projector specs, projector reviews and current street prices.

• Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

Time will tell as a few people get their hands on one. The news Epsons are getting very good reception in the budget LCD camp right now. You should also check those out.

Specs aren't the whole story, let a few people try one out before you jump in.

BB

Comment

• Brandon B
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2001

After reading some opinions on this thing, sounds like it is pretty nice. There seems to be a flap as it is available everywhere else in the world for about $1000 less than in the U.S., even Australia where you generally pay through the nostrils to get a PJ.

A lot of people grumbling about ordering from overseas importers and taking there chances with the warranty. Speaking of which, Hitachi's warranty is evidently only one year, compared to 3 for a lot of other comparable units.

But it sounds as though most are happy with the picture, and the extra brightness is real, not marketing. Sounds as though screen door and vertical banding are pretty minimal, comparable to the HS20.

BB
      Last edited by Brandon B; 30 July 2004, 17:07 Friday.

Comment

• monks
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by cadman
        Hello this nice projector just came out
        anybody familiar with it , the specs look good and better lumens than the Z2
        about $1000 more than the Z2

Hitachi PJTX100 UltraVision projector specs, projector reviews and current street prices.

http://www.hitachi.us/tv/browse/lcd_.../PJTX100.shtml
        I just bought on of these. My first pj. I'm from the UK, where I bought it for £1024 + £10 delivery.

Impressions after about a week? Well, it's good points-

Very good black level. I couldn't do any a/b comparison (no-one near me even sells LCD!), but I had a look a few months ago at a Sharp DLP that retailed for around £2500 and the black level wasn't noticably better. I've heard in reviews that this pj has the better contrast than the pana ae500 or the hs20. All in all the picture can, and for the most part, does, look very good indeed.

No screendoor at 1.5x -2x distance for me. You can see slight pixel structure when there is high contrast and movement (like the dog running through the snow at the start of 'The Thing'). Perhaps it's the scaler or deinterlacer (or maybe my dvd player), as playing the same part of the film through my PC with the VGA connection was much better in this regard.

It actually looked truly awesome with a custom powerstrip res of 1280 x 720 through the PC. Really excellent. I'm hoping in the future to either use a DVI DVD player or a HTPC with DVI to play films.

Bad points-

Well, there is VB on mine, this was definitely visible on the Thing greyish snow scenes, but again, I did see a definite improvement here when I just fed it it's native res from a PC, so maybe the LCD panels behave better when used like this?

Thanks,

Jon

'Everyone is going home for lunch these days' - Take the Skinheads Bowling, Camper Van Beethoven.

Comment

• empire_dnh
          • Jun 2004

Just placed an order with one of the internet dealer in UK

getting my finger cross

h:

Comment

• Chaz7
            • Aug 2004

For the money, the Hitachi shows promise. The OSD allows incredible adjustments (again for the money). Hitachi is having a time keeping up though. I think we will be seeing more and more LCD superstars, as they just get better. DLP is the hot trend, but LCD has a few years head start. As far as price differences, the 100 is HD, whereas the others may be EDTV.

Comment

• cadman
              • Sep 2003

PJTX100 hitachi

I went to see a demo and loved it compared to the Z2
              the lumen and and that wisper quiet fun just great ho well
              know I have to sale my z2 the upgrade bug again :cry:

Comment

• Brandon B
                Super Senior Member
                • Jun 2001

CEDIA is soon. There is supposed to be a Pansonic 700 (already announced but not shown anywhere yet). Supposed to be a new wide XGA (1366x768) DLP chip. Maybe some HD resolution LCD stuff. I'd wait at least that short time to see what's up. Or not.

BB

Comment

• cadman
                  • Sep 2003

Panasonic Pt-ae700

for those that speak german
                  and pictures

Wie ich gelesen habe kommt der neue Pana wohl ab September (+ Verspätungen??) auf den Markt. Hier ein paar Daten: 2000:1 contrast, 1000 Ansi, HDMI in

Comment

• Chaz7
                    • Aug 2004

Panasonic seems to be on a roller coaster when it comes to consistancy of both build quality and performance. Hitachi, for over 20 years has always delivered a capable and durable product. Maybe not constantly in the headlines, but you can depend on them. I still applaud companies who make the distinction between home theater and presentation projectors.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jan 2001

Cadman, what's the Canadian msrp pricing on the Hitachi ?
                      My Homepage!

Comment

• cadman
                        • Sep 2003

Hitachi

Cadman, what's the Canadian msrp pricing on the Hitachi ?

I was quoted 3495$ cdn

Homepages
                        Last edited by cadman; 24 August 2004, 14:11 Tuesday.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Jan 2001

That's pretty good pricing considering the fact that the US msrp is $3999. I also heard this modfel was selling around $2300 CDN in Europe. Weird, isn't it.
                          My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"