X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rustynuts
    • Jun 2004

Plasmas High on Wall?

Why do all the decorating shows (and some TV shows) have their plasma TV's mounted high on the wall? Do they think it's a picture to be hung? They must be at least 5-6' high to the bottom of the screen, sometimes even higher over a fireplace mantle. Drives me crazy! It should be at a normal viiewing level.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

I think a lot of the time it's beacause (in someone's opinion) above the fireplace is the only place for the display. It's a compromise where the designer sets the room for stiiting and talking etc, most times with the fireplace as a focal point. So if you've got all the furniture aimed at a fireplace where do you put a display? Above the fireplace that's where. You'll notice these designers are usually the same people who think it's a great idea to hide those "ugly" electronics, displays and speakers behind cabinet doors, screens etc and crammed out of the way in to a corner with no thought or concern given to the functionality or heat concerns etc of the equipment. They'll put those speakers where they look best/can be hidden, not where they sound best.

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I think they should be ceiling mounted over the head of the bed ... :wink:

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Absolutely Thomas! Once again, you show why you are a poobah. :B

Seriously tho', plasmas - due to their weight and size - give designers LOTS of opportunities to put them where they shouldn't be. At least, in our opinions as HT afficianados.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"