X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Preacherman
    • Jan 2004

Mitsubishi 55" ?'s

I am looking to get a Mitsu WS-55413 for the parents. Actually they are paying, I am doing the research. I have been all over AVS and they speak favorably about it, but I would like ya'lls opinion. It will run $2380 after delivery, 5-year warranty and tax.
    Bruce

Individuality - Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Mitsubishi TVs are really nice, especially after tweaking and calibration. I have a WT-46805 (2000 vintage 46") and it looks great, especially after getting ISF calibrated.

Note that they don't always look so great out of the box, they need at least the VE/Avia treatment and convergence to look decent, and an ISF technician such as Gregg Loewen can squeak every last ounce of performance out of the set. I think your parents will be happy with the 55".

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Mitsubishi and Hitachi are my top picks for CRT RPTV's, so IMO it's a good pick :T

As Kevin mentioned they tend to be a bit wonky OTB but after DIY calibration (AVIA or Video Essentials) and especially after ISF they look 8O :P

Jason
      Jason

Comment

• Preacherman
        • Jan 2004

Well they couldn't wait and luckily enough I had done a lot of reading. They just bought the Silver Plus Mits 55" WS-55413. And, I was able to get it for them for $2250 delivered with the 5-year warranty and tax...I had come to similar conclusions about a year ago that ya'll did before I decided to go FP. Thank you for the input.... :T
        Bruce

Individuality - Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Comment

• Shane Martin
          Super Senior Member
          • Apr 2001

Deacon,
          I love my 55413!!!

I paid $1900 with tax so the price you are quoting is about what I paid just w/o the warranty. I think the 5 yr was $350-400ish.

Removing the screen and turning down the contrast were HUGE improvements. I hope to finiallize these improves with a Loewen/Lion AV calibration.

I decided on this set over the Toshibas. Not one ISF guy I talked to would recommend them and the white line issues scared me.

Overall, this thing has more tweaking parameters than you will know what to do with. My father in law and my friends Dad bought the same set just 65" instead.

We're all pleased as punch :T :T

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"