X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thedarklobster
    • Jul 2003

Display problems

Hello all! I'm having an issue with the display from my dvd player not fitting in the screen. Here's what I have. First, my television is the Samsung TXN 3075 WHF(16:9; 30" screen). Secondly, my dvd player is the Pioneer DV-563a.

The top and bottom of the picture is fine, but the both sides are cut off by about 1/2" on each side. I have the DVD player set to for my widescreen television. It is connected via component hookups.

I also used the Avia test disc and THX optimizer mode on one of my DVD's. One example is the THX test where you have a circle inside of 2 rectangular boxes. The circle is round like it should be, the inside box is correct, the outside box just has top and bottom lines.

I have tried 3 different DVD players so I'm doubting that is the problem. I think I might have something setup wrong. The tv is only about 2.5 months old, could there be something wrong with it? Any advice would help.

Thanks,
    Shane
  • thedarklobster
    • Jul 2003

It also has the exact same problem when watching cable television. Any lettering or large shots where a person should be completly in view is cut off on both sides......Just some more info to see if it helps.

Thanks,
    Shane

Comment

• mazuly
      • Feb 2003

Hi,

It seems to me that your TV has too much overscan. There is an overscan test on the AVIA disk. Run that test and see what percent overscan you get for your TV. Generally this should be around 3% to 5%. Anything larger and the picture is cropped too much. If that is the case, you need to have a technician to come and fix this through TVs service menus.

In any case, I would call Samsung about this, since this is not normal and I don’t think this is due to any bad hookup of components and such.

Good luck,
      Maziar

PS You may get some help in this Forum as well.

Comment

• thedarklobster
        • Jul 2003

Thanks for the information. I purchased the TV from Best Buy. I'm going to start with them first.

Thanks,
        Shane

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

My Sony 32" Plasma does some weird resizing stuff. Perhaps your having the same thing happen. That would push it off the sides as it stretches to fit your top to bottom. I forget at the moment what they call that.

Lex
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• thedarklobster
            • Jul 2003

I contacted Samsung about the problem. They are going to send a tech out to correct the problem. It seems that they have received a few calls besides mine because the person on the other side of the phone explained my problem to me......Regardless, they said it can be corrected and so far they have been excellent. I appreciate the replies, I have been away on business or I would have replied earlier.

Thanks,
            Shane

Comment

• thedarklobster
              • Jul 2003

A tech was out yesterday to correct the problem. The " H EW" setting was out of whack, but now the picture is very good.

Shane

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"