X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vsarathy
    • Oct 2003

Front Projector Calibration Tools

Hello All:

What do you use for calibrating your front projector? I have read a lot about the SMART calibration tools used by the reviewers at http://www.hometheaterhifi.com and I like the ability to fine-tune the grayscale and gamma tracking. Has anyone used this for calibrating his projector? What about DVDs like Digital Video Essentials which is promoted by Stereophile Guide to HT?

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Viji
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I'd like to try the new digital video essentials to see if it workks better then avia for non CRT devices but if I do anything it will be to get my greyscale checked with a calibration unit from one of the local AV dealers. The issue with that though is that as the bulb ages that will effect the greyscale anyway so what I do today might not work tomorrow.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Yup, I've found Digital Video Essentials to be better at calibrating my plasma in general than the old standard VE or Avia. More current information on the disc too. But there's unique stuff on all three of those discs, so I'm keeping all of my versions.

CHRIS
      Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"