X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vsarathy
    • Oct 2003

Dukane ImagePro 7100HC

Hi All:

Just got back from a A/V store which had a Dukane ImagePro 7100HC on display. For a projector with SVGA (800x600) resolution, the picture looked simply astounding. The dealer said that it was a $2000 projector. I got back and checked for more info on ProjectorCentral.com. That site mentions that this is the same model as the Infocus X1 which retails for $999. If so, why on earth is Dukane selling it for $1000 more for a relabelled version of the X1? Has anyone seen both models and could confirm if the picture quality looks the same on both?

I am debating whether to get the X1 or wait a few weeks and get the PLZ-Z2. My budget for the projector is no more than $2500. The X1 is using only 800x450 for a 16:9 display where as the PLV-Z2 with a native 16:9 resolution of 1280x760 would use 2.7 times as many pixels.

Viji
  • Dean McManis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • May 2003

I'm not sure what the final price is on the Z2, but I would not think twice when choosing between a SVGA FPTV and a native 720P FPTV. There are almost 3 times as many pixels on the screen with 720p compared to SVGA, which will make a smoother image for NTSC material, and a day-and-night difference with HD material.
    If you have around $2500 as a budget, I'd definitely wait for the Z2.

-Dean.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I'll second what Dean just said.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"