X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trevor Schell
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Sanyo PLV -Z2 Specs

Here are the specs of the new Sanyo PLV-Z2. The Studio Experience Matinee 2 HD should be the same if it is released.

Note> This link was originally posted by Legairre in another thread.
    I felt it would deserve it's own thread.

Trevor
    My HomeTheater S.E.
    Sonically Enhanced
    C5
    Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD
  • Legairre
    • Jan 2002

Trevor,
    Thanks for the credit for the link. It was totally unecessary, but thank you.

Here's a couple of links that were translated from a German site to English(not by me). It's broken English, but you can still understand what is being said.

They had a video of the Z2 being demoed but it's gone. They say you can email them and they will mail it to you. Nothing fancy, but it did show the vertical and horizontal lens shift which had a REALLY wide range.

Also here's a link to a currency convertor. If you convert the 1399 Euros that the Z2 is going for in Europe to USD you get $1649. I'm hoping some of the US dealers will come down this low after more dealers get the units. Right now they are in the high $1900 range.

If I'm breaking any forum rules by discussing the price of the unit just let me know or please edit my post.

Legairre
    "What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
    Radden Home Theater

Comment

• Trevor Schell
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Thanks for the links Legairre!

Don't worry about listed the pricing..There is no rule against it that I know of. Listing pricing keeps competition healthy as far as I am concerned.

Anyways,,$1649 US would be a very nice price..Attractive enough that I would jump on it.
      However I would likely want to get the Studio Experience Matinee 2HD should it be produced.

Trevor
      My HomeTheater S.E.
      Sonically Enhanced
      C5
      Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• Legairre
        • Jan 2002

I'll be looking for the 2HD also. It's the same projector, but if I remember right the 2HD came with a longer/better warrenty and the unit is a dark color vs the silver of the Z2. My theater is burgundy with a black drop ceiling, so the dark unit mounted from the ceiling would disappear better than the silver would. From what I've heard there will be a 2HD, but I haven't heard when.

I guess we just have to wait and see. :x

Check out this animation of the lens shift on he Z2. The Z1's lens shift is 1/4 the picture horizontal and 1/2 the picture vertical. With the Z2/2HD it's 1/2 the picture horizontal and 1 full picture vertical. NICE

This animation was provided by MCKOE on another site.
        Radden Home Theater

Comment

• Bent
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2003

excellent!
          now a Z2 can finally be mounted flush with the ceiling, and still leave it's picture at "any" preferred height.

Comment

• Legairre
            • Jan 2002

Bent,
            Two of my main reasons for picking the Z2 over the other budget projectors(Panasonic L500U, Infocus etc..) are the 24db fan noise and the HUGE angle of the vertical lens shift. I want the projector as high as possible to the ceiling. My basement theater has 7'4" suspended ceiling and even though the projector will be over the coffee table I want it out of the way.

Now if the Z2/2HD performs as good as it's speck, then to me this unit is a killer and destroys the competition in it's price range. ;zx
            Radden Home Theater

Comment

• Dean McManis
              Moderator Emeritus
              • May 2003

This really looks tempting! 8)

Thanks for the links.

I hope that the pricing is close to the $1650 conversion when they arrive here.

Does anyone know when the Z2s are expected in the U.S.?

-Dean.

Comment

• Trevor Schell
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Dean,,I hope it is soon..

Here is another PDF file..

<a href="http://www.prismasonic.com/sanyo_plv_z2.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.prismasonic.com/sanyo_plv_z2.pdf

Note,,If the page does not show. Delete the
                at the end of the link as it shows in your address bar and the page will then show up correctly.

Trevor
                My HomeTheater S.E.
                Sonically Enhanced
                C5
                Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• Legairre
                  • Jan 2002

From what I've been hearing the Z2 will be out in the US in late Oct. or early Nov. I haven't heard anything on when the 2HD will be out though :cry:
                  Radden Home Theater

Comment

• efarstad
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jun 2001

Just some more info...and a price: $1,985

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                    E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                    E-Cinema

Comment

• Dean McManis
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • May 2003

Interesting. If you look at the margin of the MSRP to sales price relative to the Z1 it would seem that there's an extra $300 added, which makes sense for a new model.

This might be a great unit to get after the 1st rush hits, maybe after X-Mas. It's possible that the price will drop to under $1700 by then.
                      And I'm in no rush.

-Dean.

Comment

• JonMarsh
                        Mad Max Moderator
                        • Aug 2000

Nice looking unit and interesting specs for the money. It's funny that more 1280X720 projectors haven't been done with LCD, as opposed to the 1366X768 that Sony "popularized". If it hits the claimed contrast raito, and has good white screen uniformity and gray scale tracking, this could be a very nice unit for what they're asking for it-

Wish it had two RGB capable inputs, as it seems only Video 2 (DVI) port can support RGB (plus component) with an adapter cable. The ideal thing (for me) would to be able to switch between two high res sources, at least RGB on each, such as the main video card output, and the direct output from an HD card like MyHD.

Vewy interwesting, as Elmer Fudd would say!

~Jon

Earth First!
                        M8ta
                        Modula Neo DCC
                        Modula MT XE
                        Modula Xtreme
                        Isiris
                        Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                        Minerva Monitor
                        Calliope
                        Ardent D

In Development...
                        Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
                        Obi-Wan
                        Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
                        Modula PWB
                        Calliope CC Supreme
                        Natalie P Ultra
                        Natalie P Supreme
                        Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
                        Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Legairre
                          • Jan 2002

Ok maybe there will be a 2HD after all.

Wasn't the 1HD priced lower than the Z1? There may be hope for that $1700 range. I'm with Dean. I'm waiting until after Christmas.

Sanyo's Dutch site shows a countdown until the Z2 is released over there. Click on the English link in the upper left corner to translate the whole site. http://www.sanyo.de/
                          Radden Home Theater

Comment

• Trevor Schell
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Aug 2000

That's great news!!
                            I will be waiting for the H2 for sure.
                            At least we know for sure there will be one.
                            Also in Canada,,That's nice to know..

Trevor
                            My HomeTheater S.E.
                            Sonically Enhanced
                            C5
                            Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• Frank T.
                              • Oct 2003

I really wish some people were paying proper attention: The price tag of Euros 1,399 applied exclusively to the Z 1 !

The Sanyo Z 2 has a recommended price tag of Euros 2,300 but the street price is Euros 1,990.

The DVI input will accept a) analog computer RGB (via adapter), b) computer DVI c) NOT YET and European Scart-interlaced RGB (via adapter), the stupidest European invention ever made (I want satellite receivers with component outputs).

I got my demo unit last Friday and will hopefully be able to properly calibrate the Z 2 (required) this weekend.

One thing's for sure: I've never seen a better price-performance on an LCD projector before.

Theoretically, the DVI input will support 480p, 720p and 1080i.

Frank T.
                              Frank T.

Comment

• Legairre
                                • Jan 2002

I really wish some people were paying proper attention: The price tag of Euros 1,399 applied exclusively to the Z 1 !
                                Frank there's no reason to be rude. If I made a mistake it wasn't done on purpose. Everyone here is just trying to help each other out. Enjoy your projector.
                                Radden Home Theater

Comment

• Frank T.
                                  • Oct 2003

Was I "rude"? Please, it is that kind of hastily read and promoted wrong information, that causes frustration on both sides: consumers & dealers.

I wholeheartedly agree that 'Chappie's' English is not suitable for elementary school, but at least the price distinction was readable.

Oh, me thinks I forgot to mention the component feed possibility trough the DVI input (component input # 2 so to speak). Now where to get the proper adapter cables? A DVI switcher becomes almost mandatory!

Frank T.
                                  Frank T.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Aug 2000

Was I "rude"? Please, it is that kind of hastily read and promoted wrong information, that causes frustration on both sides: consumers & dealers.
                                    I wholeheartedly agree that 'Chappie's' English is not suitable for elementary school, but at least the price distinction was readable.
                                    Yes IMO you were. While I appreciate your input regarding the price in future please try to be a little more diplomatic

Comment

• Dean McManis
                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                      • May 2003

Guys, the internet is a tough medium to express feelings well, because someone might be joking, and the comment is read as sarcastic, or making fun of someone else. And a simple clarification can come off as being rude.

I've been doing this (internet moderating) for over 5 years now, and it's best to try and just be factual to relay information and share ideas.

The more emotion thrown in, the more chance for misunderstanding.

It's better to rephrase a statement than to assume that people aren't reading properly or thoroughly.

But thanks for the information.

-Dean.

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
                                        • Jan 2002

I e-mailed Boxlight about the 2HD. Chad with Boxlight e-mailed back and initially said he'd keep me on a mailing list to notify me when it is to be released. A little later he e-mailed again and advised the 2HD will be released 12/1/03.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

• Legairre
                                          • Jan 2002

Sonnie,
                                          That's great news. Did Chad metion the MSRP. So it sounds like we will get a 2HD. Some of the reasons I wanted a 2HD over the Z2 to are price, service and the darker color will be less visible with my black drop ceiling than the silver Z2.

Thanks for the update on the 2HD
                                          Radden Home Theater

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
                                            • Jan 2002

Well as it may be... I ask the same question of him when he replied to my e-mail.

Here's the entire e-mail conversation (with e-mails altered):

Sonnie,

That is good to know, is it shipping domestically or are those people getting them from overseas? We do some extensive testing on our units to makes sure they pass our quality control standards. We expect our 2HD to be released around the 1st of Dec. The Studio Experience model actually usually sell from a little more than the Sanyo units because we offer a much more extensive warranty. I have attached some differences between the PLV Z2 and the 2HD.

There are many distinct differences between the Sanyo PLVZ2 and the Studio Experience Matinee 2HD...

1. The manufacturing process, 50 at a time instead of 300 or more...

2. The LCD panels are "Hand Picked" to insure top quality...

3. All our warranty work is done in the US at our warehouse, you don’t have to send it overseas to get it repaired if it needs it.

4. Studio Experience’s support package (listed below) is un-surpassed in the industry...

5. The lamp warranty has been extended from 30/90 days to 120 days...

6. 24-hour tech support is FREE... for the life of the product

7. When purchasing the Matinee 2HD you are deal DIRECT with the manufacture for any issues...not the middleman...

8. Studio Experience has over 18 years of technical skills to back up the projector, when you ask a question, you will get an answer...

Plus one of the best pixel policies in the business:

No RED or GREEN pixel will be accepted

No more than 3 dead Blue pixel are accepted; unless they are right next to each other or in the center of the screen…

Studio Experience wants you to be completely satisfied with your projector. With this in mind, we over a full 3 year parts and labor warranty on all our projectors.

The MSRP on the 2HD is going to be $2999. I really want know what street price will be until the unit is released. However I would except to see it selling for a little more that what the Z2 is going for. let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks And Have A Great Day,
                                            Chad Harrison
                                            East Coast Account Manager
                                            Studio Experience
                                            19332 Powder Hill Place
                                            Poulsbo, WA 98370
                                            PH:1-800-667-6147-X266
                                            Fax:1-360-598-8266
                                            E-Mail:chad.harrisonATstudioexperienceDOTcom

-----Original Message-----
                                            From: Sonnie Parker [mailto:ftfATtroycableDOTnet]
                                            Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 2:47 PM
                                            To: Chad Harrison
                                            Subject: RE: lead

Some have already received their Z2 while others were delayed. In the forums some of those that were delayed have now received shipping notices that their units have now been shipped. The initial supplies went fast.

It’s my understanding that the Boxlight equivalent models are usually a little less expensive than the Sanyo models. Do you know what the retail will be on the 2 HD.

Thanks for the response.

Sonnie Parker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Chad Harrison [mailto8)had.HarrisonATStudioExperienceDOTcom]
                                            Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 4:32 PM
                                            To: Sales: Adaptive Technologies, Inc.; ftf@troycable.net

Yea.... The 2HD is going to be released on Dec. 1st. The last we were told the Z2 isn't shipping yet either but I could be wrong.

Thanks And Have A Great Day,
                                            Chad Harrison
                                            East Coast Account Manager
                                            Studio Experience
                                            19332 Powder Hill Place
                                            Poulsbo, WA 98370
                                            PH:1-800-667-6147-X266
                                            Fax:1-360-598-8266
                                            E-Mail:chad.harrisonATstudioexperienceDOTcom

-----Original Message-----
                                            From: Sales: Adaptive Technologies, Inc. [mailto:adaptechATbellsouthDOTnet]
                                            Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 2:29 PM
                                            To: ftfATtroycableDOTnet
                                            Cc: Chad Harrison

Sonnie,

I will put you on the contact list for people looking for this release date of the 2HD. I'm not 100% sure as to when its going to come out but as soon as I know, I'll fire you off an e-mail.

Chad, can you shed some light?

Sincerely,
                                            Chris, Senior Systems Installation
                                            Adaptive Technologies, Inc.
                                            3325 NW 55th Street
                                            Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. 33309
                                            954-733-7146
                                            AdaptechATbellsouthDOTnet

First Name: Sonnie
                                            Last Name: Parker

Company Name:
                                            Phone Number:
                                            Fax Number:
                                            Email Address: ftfATtroycableDOTnet
                                            Address Line A: 413-A South Brundidge Street
                                            Address Line B:
                                            City / State / Zip: Troy / AL / 36081

Found out about BOXLIGHT from: other
                                            Product Name:
                                            Serial Number:
                                            BL Rep:
                                            Additional comments or questions: I am curious as to when your Matinee 2HD will be available. The Sanyo Z2 has already reached homes in the US now and I understand the 2HD is the same unit. Thanks!
                                            I'm not sure what he means by 3 dead blue pixel in the center.... ???

The retail seems to be the equilvalent of the Z1 and Z2. Hopefully the street price will be at or below $2K. I think I'd pay $2K... maybe a tad more if I had to.

The biggest problem I see is getting one when they are released since they only manufacture 50 at a time.

If you or anyone is interested then please let's keep each informed if we find someone taking pre-orders at a respectable price.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

Working...
                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                            Search Result for "|||"