X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • barona
    • Jan 2003

projector PIP

I currently have a 43" Sony RPTV that has a "twinview" function that will let you watch 2 different screens of the same size as long as 2 video inputs are present. My questions is:

Is this possible for Front Projection?? And what devices would need to be added?? Let's just say March Madness is around the corner and I want to watch 2 games at the same time using 2 satellite receivers. I'm assuming it is since something similar is done in sports bars....
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I don't know of any front projectors that have built in tuners, and that would be necessary in order to have PIP. I could be wrong. Perhaps Jon knows.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

PIP is a video processor function which has to be built into the video projector, to implement it conventionally. Our company used to make and sell such chips to Sony and others, though we sold that part of our semiconductor business to another company.

On a "standard" FPTV or digital projector, the only way I can think of off hand to add such a feature in, would be to have two PCI bus TV cards, or a capture card and a TV card, with the right software. Then, in displaying the video streams (each in a window), you could simultaneously view two tuner inputs. Sorry, I can't think off hand of any way to add that to a proejctor with just straight video inputs. (most graphics or data grade projectors, as used in sports bars, don't even have tuners). I'd expect there is some off the shelf hardware you can buy to do this from Exetron or someone else, but this isn't "consumer grade" gear, in all likelihood, and would carry matching prices.

BTW, the first "outboard" PIP processor I found doing a net search was for endoscopic surgery....

An Aurora TVP-1000 would do what you want, even with Hi Def signals...

That lists for $969. You getting the picture? Here, let me adjust the contrast and brightness a little.... :W

-Jon

Earth First!
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• barona
        • Jan 2003

Wow, the Aurora TVP 1000, actually the Aurora Xtune, that's what I'm talking about. That looks like it would be pefect for a 16:9 screen. Split it basically in half and watch 2 shows at the same time. I've been looking at PJ's for the near future but really liked the option of a split screen. Looks like problem solved, I can do both. Thanks for your help guys.

Update: after doing some searches I came across this website:

rgb.com

This is what I was looking for, if you go to this website look in "products" for Quadview Plus. Now if I could find someone who sells it to see how much this bad boy costs......

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Good luck, Barona. And thanks to Jon for enlightening us.

My Homepage!
          My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"