X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arazi13
    • Jan 2008

Brightness issue with samsung 50" dlp

I have a Samsung DLP 50" TV, 3 years old and im starting to notice that every once in a while the TV loses its brightness for a few hours and then it will come back for a few (and so on).

i feel like this is an issue with an aging bulb, that may be on its way out. Can anyone tell me if they have seen this before, and if it is a bulb issue, do you know of a good site to get a new one?

thanks,

arazi in montreal
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Probably the lamp, but not necessarily. As bulbs aren't cheap I would make sure of the diagnosis. I'm not familiar with the Samsung , but if you change the lamp wear gloves and clean the bulb thoroughly with isopropyl alcohol before turning it on. One fingerprint will turn into a costly error.
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• farazakan
      • Sep 2009

yeah brightness issue is mainly due to lamp. As the life of the lamp comes near to ending the brightness gets on lower side. For lamp i can advice you a pretty cheap and reliable source http://www.projectorlampsworld.com/

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"