X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • instrumentalist
    • Mar 2009

Texas Instrument's Pico Projector

I'm currently working on school project which is basically about product design, and one of the technologies I'm using in the product is DLP, which includes DMD. Just for reference, I need to know the production cost of Texas Instruments' DMD chip and main components in the driver board, especially for TI's Pico Projector. Does anybody has rough info regarding this?
  • Dean McManis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • May 2003

I'm afraid that you would really have to be in the projector manufacturing business to know the component pricing from TI, and it would also be totally dependent on purchase volumes. Most likely you can buy an SDK package with the software and test board for under $1000, and probably the component costs are under $100 in volume, with the pico projector prices being seen under $300 for some models.

Personally, there are two areas that I find the most exciting for the future of pico projectors. One is having the projector built into a phone/PDA device, and the other is the idea of a next-generation pico projector that offers HD resolution, is far brighter, and is not limited by small battery power. Maybe integrated into a notebook computer, so that you could make small presentations, play games, cruise the internet and watch movies on a bigger projected screen or wall almost anywhere.

Comment

• Dean McManis
      Moderator Emeritus
      • May 2003

Although it's not a pico projector, it's good to see the "pocket" projector market moving ahead as well. This LG HS102G unit hits a good price point at $599 MSRP, and at 1.7lbs it's light and small enough to carry in a computer bag, plus it's LED light source means not having to worry about bulb replacement, but it is a trade-off being limited by it's 800X600 native resolution and 160 lumens brightness.

And here's a nice article on 10 upcoming pico projectors:

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"