X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amphiprion
    • Apr 2006

Texas DIY'ers, POST HERE!

Dear Texas HTGuide Members,

My name is Amphiprion, and I am attempting to orchestrate a gathering of audio do-it-yourself types from around the state. To this end I am compiling an email list of Texas do-it-yourself audio aficionados through which this activity, and any other future activities, may be coordinated. The list is composed of an individual's name (first name or first name and initial of last name only), preferred email contact, and nearest major city. This is the only information that is being collected, and we are only collecting enough to contact you via email and plan possibe venues.

If you would like to be a part of these gatherings, please respond to this post with the above information (and only the above information - we value your privacy!). Alternatively, you may send an email to asdf at hayenga dot com and I will add your information to the list. You MUST be a member of the list to be included in the get-togethers. We will only be distributing meeting information via this list and will be enforcing RSVP's so as to ensure that we both get good attendance as well as avoid having masses of unanticipated people descend on any one person’s house for the get-together.

I look forward to meeting you guys before the year is out!
  • Carl V
    • Apr 2005

Mark please include me
    Carl V
    C8404652@aol.com.
    I'm in OKC....Dallas is 3 1/2 hrs away.

many moons ago I bought 2 sonosubes from you in Dallas
    they proved to be useful test mules over the years.

Comment

• FlashJim
      • Apr 2006

I sent you a PM.

I'm in Houston.
      Jim

Comment

• MikePM
        • Jun 2005

Let me know the dates. I am in Austin and am currently building the Zaph L18 project that I hope to complete in mid-July. Central Texas or Houston are better locations for me. I am sending a pm with other details.

Comment

• Amphiprion
          • Apr 2006

Hey Carl!

Yep, I remember! Those were my very first creations. Since then I've advanced veeeery much, even finished my engineering degree I look forward to seeing you again.

I'll get you guys added to the list ASAP.

Comment

• borderdad
            • Nov 2005

I'm probably way out of the loop in El Paso, but I'll watch the progress with interest. Love to be there!
            Hola from El Paso!

Comment

• Amphiprion
              • Apr 2006

Borderdad,

I need first name, city, and email to add someone to the list. You're our first person from El Paso to respond I think, so you might have to travel a ways to attend

Comment

• apenn
                • Jan 2006

I've PM'ed you.

I'm in Austin. My schedule is crap but who knows...I'll cross my fingers.

Thanks,

-Adrian

Comment

• gvinson
                  • Nov 2005

Austin here...will send a PM. Look forward to a meet.

-Gary

Comment

• Amphiprion
                    • Apr 2006

Texas DIY Gathering - All Welcome!

Dear Texas DIY Audio Enthusiasts,

My name is Amphiprion, and I am a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin with a degree in electrical engineering and a particular interest in audio engineering. I am attempting to orchestrate a gathering of do-it-yourself audio enthusiasts from around the state, and to this end I am compiling an email list of Texas do-it-yourself audio aficionados through which this activity may be coordinated. The list is composed of an individual's name (first name only, or first name and initial of last name if necessary), preferred email contact, and nearest major city. This is the only information that is being collected, and we are only collecting enough to contact you via email and plan possible venues.

If you would like to be a part of this gathering, please respond to this message with the above information (and only the above information - we value your privacy!). Alternatively, you may send an email to asdf at hayenga dot com and I will add your information to the database. Your information MUST be in the database to be included in the get-togethers. I alone will be privy to this information, and no identifying information about any member will be distributed without prior consent. We will only be distributing meeting information via those email addresses included in the database and we will be enforcing RSVP's. This is both to ensure that we get good attendance as well as to avoid having masses of unanticipated people descend on any one venue for the get-together.

Please contact me with the above requested information if you wish to be added to the list of interested individuals, and I look forward to meeting you guys before the year is out!

Amphiprion

Comment

• Amphiprion
                      • Apr 2006

I got merged

Comment

• ThomasW
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

It looked like a repeat of the first thread, so it seemed like a good idea to keep all the info in one location.

I can separate them if you want, it's not a big deal to do that.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Amphiprion
                          • Apr 2006

Aw it's not a big deal, I was just too lazy to search for my first post

Comment

• Hank
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Jul 2002

Thomas, you'll have to make an allowance for el Nino. If you could observe him using a table saw, you'd understand. It's a wonder he has all ten fingers intact.
                            :jawdrop:

Comment

• Amphiprion
                              • Apr 2006

I'm an engineer. To me, ten fingers is redundancy

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"