X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • june
    • Feb 2005

Lcd????

hello all,

is better to leave this on for 5hrs straight or keep cutting it on & off around 5 times during this period? my wife gets side tracked & leaves the unit running for around 5hrs. this happens monday - friday. this was one big reason why it took me so long to buy a lcd tv.
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Hm, I'd like to know as well.

I have been thinking it would be best to turn off during that time if it isn't being watched. I'm thinking turning off to save energy.

Isn't LCD pretty much free from any burn in's? Wasn't it the early Plasma's that had the problem.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• littlesaint
      • Jul 2007

I'd turn if off. Flat-panel displays don't have complicated warm-up/cool-down procedures like RPTVs, and they do have a finite life-span of brightness that you'd want to conserve. Think about a computer LCD, there first thing a PC does when unused for a period is shut the LCD off. Most of the current displays have a power-save mode. Mine turns cuts brightness down 75% if unused for a period of time and then shuts off completely.
      Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"