X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SceneSoYea
    • Jan 2009

Sharp XG-NV2U Upgrade?

Hi all,

I recently Bought a Sharp XG-NV2U and said goodbye to tv's for a good long while. I'm loving it but I think I might want to upgrade to something that can give a better picture and I'm kinda looking for suggestions.

I'm confused as to what I should be looking for though. I was looking at the Dell 3200MP as a possible upgrade for myself and was wondering how much of an improvement that would be.

I'm currently running it at 1024x768 and the picture is decent but I'd like better. The biggest thing that's throwing me is the price, while i'm sure the price has come down quite a bit for projectors, the original MSRP for the sharp i have was $7,495, while this one im looking at is $1,699. I'm well aware how equipment can come down in price over the years but thats a pretty big leap. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

SceneSoYea,

Yes, the price of projectors has come down ALOT. And the performance has gone up. I would suggest you look for a current or recent 1080p projector. These are great, especially with blu-ray. There are plenty of choices in the $2k-$3k range, with excellent performance. I would anticipate these modern HT projectors would outperform your Sharp in every aspect.

Here's a really good website that should help.

The world's largest website focusing on projector related reviews, information, projection calculators, prices, and places to buy projectors

Hope this helps.

Comment

• 2channellover
      • Jan 2009

Optoma HD8000 is a true 1080p projector that you can get for under $3k online, and probably from a brick and mortar with a little negotiation.

I don't own this unit, but saw an in store demo of it and I'm giving it strong consideration. I was impressed in general with the 720p signal, and Blu Ray tighten up the picture detail even more.

I've never owned a projection system, and I really liked the 110" screen, but long term cost of operation is a concern b/c the lamps have a shelf life of about 3000 hrs and they're about $400 to replace.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"