X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brendon
    • Aug 2004

New Panasonic PT3000 and JVC HD-350 and 750 model announced

Interesting time for PJ fans....
    Last edited by brendon; 17 September 2008, 05:47 Wednesday.
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Sweet... I have the Panny AE2000, and it's great. Next one must be even better. I'll check it all out at CEDIA!

Wow, 2.35:1 without an anamorphic lens? Must learn more.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

I'm more interested to know how it gets a native 60k:1. I'm starting to think it was a good idea to wait Doesn't sound like the new JVC adds much of anything. I'm very interested in that Panny though and am going to keep a very close eye on it. I'd love to see it outperform the JVC's and the 1080UB as it costs less then them I believe. Wonder when we'll see US prices.

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Well, it should be up on projector central by now. You can check there.
        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

Nope its not on there I checked that already. It sounds like it uses a similar technology to JVC's dark plate or whatever they call it. I'm quite interested thats for sure

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

I made sure I checked out the Panny at CEDIA last week. Looks good, great specs. I asked about the 2.35:1 thing. What they're doing is using zoom and focus to just enlarge the image to a wiser 2.35:1 screen when you choose to do so. It does NOT use the full vertical pixels for higher resolution like an anamorphic lens would.

So it's the poor man's way of getting the wider aspect ratio, just an automated way of doing the same thing you could by yourself, on a "constant height" screen.
            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• wettou
              Ultra Senior Member
              • May 2006

Originally posted by Chris D
              I made sure I checked out the Panny at CEDIA last week. Looks good, great specs. I asked about the 2.35:1 thing. What they're doing is using zoom and focus to just enlarge the image to a wiser 2.35:1 screen when you choose to do so. It does NOT use the full vertical pixels for higher resolution like an anamorphic lens would.

So it's the poor man's way of getting the wider aspect ratio, just an automated way of doing the same thing you could by yourself, on a "constant height" screen.
              Yes, that is exactly what I do, I use the zoom on my 2:35 screen. Paying $6000 for an anamorphic lens makes no sense to me. It cost almost as much as the projector!! I have a JVC RS2

It is disappointing that none of the new projectors use Lasers or LED maybe next year. By the way is DLP going away? They have not release anything new at CEDIA so I hear!
              Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Of course, the benefit of using all vertical pixels (like an anamorphic lens does) is higher resolution. But that's expensive.
                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Hdale85
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2006

There are some nice lenses for around 2k I believe. You can order an Aussiemorphic lens from Australia for around 1500 I think. Still a bit much with how much newer 1080p projectors cost.

Comment

• Lex
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Apr 2001

A note from admins.

While innocent perhaps, I still have to say:

I have to caution about "forum sponsored" things as being presented here. Please do be aware, we are not a promotion place for other forums, and while new information is good, it must be separated from promotional value typically and be manufacturer sponsored information. Otherwise, suddenly we have all this "sponsored" information showing up here, and that is not going to happen... thanks.
                    Doug
                    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• brendon
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Lex
                      A note from admins.

While innocent perhaps, I still have to say:

I have to caution about "forum sponsored" things as being presented here. Please do be aware, we are not a promotion place for other forums, and while new information is good, it must be separated from promotional value typically and be manufacturer sponsored information. Otherwise, suddenly we have all this "sponsored" information showing up here, and that is not going to happen... thanks.
                      My appologies lex original posted edited.
                      Brendon

Comment

• wettou
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • May 2006

Unbiased reviews should be coming soon:

Greetings all, Projector Reviews, in looking to improve information for our visitors and friends, have long considered publishing industry press releases.  There are several reasons why we think you will benefit. But first, let me explain why it's a blog, and not just another directory on our site:  As it turns out, a blog format […]
                        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"